• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I'm out fellas. Heading for some new ink. If i don't get a chance to check in later............enjoy the beach, the whiteout game, the mountain walks, and a hot hairy date in inner harbor 

New ink? I'm contemplating that myself. I want to cover up a 30 year old dragon and skull with a half sleeve. Not sure what to get, and am definitely concerned about cost...

3 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I expect there to be alot of spectators and participants with video cameras .  I doubt I will be alone. It always smells of fish and seaweed every time I go down. It's hard to compete with all the guys and there big scooters. I wounder how they handle in such sloppy conditions. 

But how's it smell at the Inner Harbor?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So current pressure is 986mb and dropping. Looking at mesos and model they all almost initiate and don't drop below 995mb. The NAM drops down to 989mb 8 hours from now. So what happens if this thing makes landfall in the upper 970's or low 980's, which now seems very very likely. That's a 15mb+ difference between ground truth vs models. It seems the the models with stronger LP drove in further west and were slower a day or two ago. Not sure if that still is the same. Regardless. These models are initiationing with pressure significantly higher than reality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

First picture is the 18z hurricane model tracks

2nd is a multi model mean (EPS + GEFS + UKMET + CMC).
Yellow is 9/21 @0Z
Red is 9/21 @12Z
Purple is 9/22 @0Z
Black is NWS forcast trackAL162023_models.jpgtrend.jpg

I thought the gfs was suggesting Ophelia comes back next weekend....In relation to this plot showing it diving south.  

Just came back in....the sea is angry my friends. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So current pressure is 986mb and dropping. Looking at mesos and model they all almost initiate and don't drop below 995mb. The NAM drops down to 989mb 8 hours from now. So what happens if this thing makes landfall in the upper 970's or low 980's, which now seems very very likely. That's a 15mb+ difference between ground truth vs models. It seems the the models with stronger LP drove in further west and were slower a day or two ago. Not sure if that still is the same. Regardless. These models are initiationing with pressure significantly higher than reality.

For what it's worth, DT did mention the possibility of her crossing the hurricane threshold immediately prior to landfall.