Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, July 29, 2023 Thunderstorms

weatherwiz

11 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Bad year for outdoor concerts wrt weather timing. Seems like every event has had some sort of weather impacting it

My younger daughter( senior in HS)and a bunch of friends are at Aldean  round two tonight in Hartford after his heat stroke at the one two weeks ago. . He played 14 songs that night before rushing off the stage. Kudos to Aldean for making it a point to come back 2 weeks later and putting on a full show . Guy is awesome in all facets 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Based on the warning motion vector and the damage path, it was on the ground for around 8 or 9 minutes. Which matches the TDS, it was there for two scans which is at least 4 minutes but not quite 10. 

It's also clear that this wasn't continuously on the ground either. There are lots of roads it crossed without any damage indicated by BOX so far. So a weaker circulation that was "skipping" is likely. 

The skipping aspect makes a lot of sense. I drove where it would have been and damage was sporadic. Pockets of trees and branches damaged 

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My younger daughter( senior in HS)and a bunch of friends are at Aldean  round two tonight in Hartford after his heat stroke at the one two weeks ago. . He played 14 songs that night before rushing off the stage. Kudos to Aldean for making it a point to come back 2 weeks later and putting on a full show . Guy is awesome in all facets 

Are they wearing ball dresses?

The group based the theme of the tailgate on a viral meme depicting Jason Aldean in a gown with the words “Try that in a ball gown."

22 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

BOX has been confusing to me from what they did yesterday and these storm reports. 

They said radar confirmed in CT meaning it must have had a TDS. From what I saw, it did not look like there was one. 

Indeed BOX said there was no tornado in Chaplin. Lol.