• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
july 9th widespread flooding event

forkyfork

Just regular rain here and it might get a little heavier if the stuff to my west holds together but you can already see the radar colors slowly changing as it comes east.

Fine with that as still another nice watering for the area and can do without the flooding rains that others have suffered today and those downstream yet to come.

Those on the south shore and eastern Long Island will have to wait and see. A decent chunk of Nassau had a nice storm per radar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Steady light to moderate rain here. Not looking like it's gonna be that impressive for our area. I'm thinking a quarter to half inch the way radar looks right now. At least a decent watering. 

Yup. It’s weakening quickly now…be lucky to get .5

4 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Good for the twin forks. The central LI screw zone was modeled nicely 

HRRR has us getting 3-5”. 

Might be totally wrong, like I said it’ll be a nowcast situation. If this falling apart line is all there is and we don’t see more convection firing, we’ll know which was right. So far I had two moderate showers that maybe brought .05”. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

Might be totally wrong, like I said it’ll be a nowcast situation. If this falling apart line is all there is and we don’t see more convection firing, we’ll know which was right. So far I had two moderate showers that maybe brought .05”. 

See what that convection does as it comes off ocean county…

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Unfortunately it’s going to fail.

33 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

But its busting hard over ocean county where it had next to nothing

Yeah it was too far south with that heavy rain on the southern part of the  line, but overall it did a good job showing the heavy rain falling apart rapidly for much of eastern NJ. We might not even get a quarter inch out of this. Not a big surprise though as we talked about the close call with the possibility of the heavy rain staying just to our west. There was a good signal on the models that it would fall apart close to our area. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah it was too far south with that heavy rain on the southern part of the  line, but overall it did a good job showing the heavy rain falling apart rapidly for much of eastern NJ. We might not even get a quarter inch out of this. Not a big surprise though as we talked about the close call with the possibility of the heavy rain staying just to our west. There was a good signal on the models that it would fall apart close to our area. 

Yup…just kept trending worst as we got closer. Oh well, we try again next weekend. This was probably the worst bust locally in the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yup…just kept trending worst as we got closer. Oh well, we try again next weekend. This was probably the worst bust locally in the past few weeks. 

I know you were pessimistic when you came on early today and pointed out that radar wasn't looking encouraging for our area. Nice call. 

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic