Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

A tiny cell, very early this morning, produced lightning/thunder and dropped 0.17" of rain.  That boosts my July total to a whopping 0.99".

I'm at 1.4". Sad indeed. Since May 1st only 4.66". Most of that is between Jun 24 - Jul 20 with 4.19". With most of that between Jun 24 - Jul 5 at 3.25". Just enough to keep things green. Lawns were more golden colored prior to Jun 24. And, as mentioned before, the robust snowpack with very little frost in the ground, allowed large amounts of water to soak deep, so the trees are doing fine...so far. That 2 week stretch of heavier rains (3.25") really helped there. Come on Aug! :) 

Last few days have been perfect, Friday was uncommonly windy for mid-summer with great clouds in the morning, yesterday was nearly clear all day with comfy temps.

Amazing stretch coming up, stormy and humid! A heatwave begins Weds and my low for Thurs shows 24C, a once in 2-3 year occurrence. A bunch of days where my low doesn't drop below 20C.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

image.thumb.png.788108a53a01d0417b0b6a2dc8089654.png

Looks like next week is gonna be a hot one.  Around 100 F for Wednesday and Thursday here around the Minneapolis area.  But for now, we got some haze from smoke, but not nearly as bad a previous rounds of Canadian smoke.

2 hours ago, mhou said:

image.thumb.png.788108a53a01d0417b0b6a2dc8089654.png

Looks like next week is gonna be a hot one.  Around 100 F for Wednesday and Thursday here around the Minneapolis area.  But for now, we got some haze from smoke, but not nearly as bad a previous rounds of Canadian smoke.

Tough stuff. WWAYY too hot! Ish

4 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Last few days have been perfect, Friday was uncommonly windy for mid-summer with great clouds in the morning, yesterday was nearly clear all day with comfy temps.

Amazing stretch coming up, stormy and humid! A heatwave begins Weds and my low for Thurs shows 24C, a once in 2-3 year occurrence. A bunch of days where my low doesn't drop below 20C.

That's a very warm low. Hard to cool down with temps 68-75 by a.m. MSP will the same. Tough man. Ish. Current wx is pleasant.

14 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Skies thick with smoke today. Started smelling it last night. 

july 23 smoke.jpg

Yep, just went outside and can smell smoke in the air, though its probably worse for you up there in Two Harbors.  Atleast it seemed to keep our temps from exceeding 90 today.

On 7/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, Torchageddon said:

This is hilarious, there is a dry gap in this mega squall with record winds in far sw on and then in Georgian Bay area they typically get these large cells that are tornado warned like this afternoon...guess which of those 3 zones I'm in?

Every time, the cells form just to my east! :lmao: If I had a nickel for the number of times this has happened in 2023!

wkkw3.png

k58je.png

Twice within a few hours today!! Never fails, just ludicrous.

0.55" fell late last night with a small complex of shwrs/stms. It was a small one, so got lucky on the hit. Up to 1.95" for July. Coming round of heat will be soften by the lake. Winds will be S n E so mid 80's should be the worst I see. Natural A/C is helpful on the right wind. Unfortunately, more smoke the next couple days.

8 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

0.89” so far in July. It’s crispy out there, and the heat is about to get cranked up. Smoke got pretty bad yesterday afternoon, hopefully the southerly flow pushes it out.

Cool to see another active twin cities poster. 

Howdy partner!  Where in Hennepin county are you?

Warm day out there, but seems like there's a few storms forming to the NW of the Twin cities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhou said:

Howdy partner!  Where in Hennepin county are you?

Warm day out there, but seems like there's a few storms forming to the NW of the Twin cities.

I’m a few blocks east of Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis. About the driest spot in the metro. 

Got caught up in a nice downpour driving south on 35W through Blaine earlier this afternoon.