• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

If you guys haven’t noticed, a tropical storm is going to hit San Diego. Lots of firsts coming over there. 
They should be jumping for joy. If anything this will put a major dent in fire season out there. Id be doing rain dances around the clock for this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

They should be jumping for joy. If anything this will put a major dent in fire season out there. Id be doing rain dances around the clock for this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is going to be one of the worst flooding events that area has ever seen. The awful flooding they normally get including the record flooding from last winter pales in comparison to what's coming. So no I wouldn't be jumping for joy.

1 hour ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

This is going to be one of the worst flooding events that area has ever seen. The awful flooding they normally get including the record flooding from last winter pales in comparison to what's coming. So no I wouldn't be jumping for joy.

Exactly right. Going to be some ugly scenes in the coming days.

• Like 1

This morning's low temperatures made it down to the low 50's in many of the lower valley spots across Chester County. Here in East Nantmeal the low this AM of 55.1 was our chilliest low since the 53.9 degree low back on June 15th.
Today will be a top 10 day of the summer with very sunny skies, low humidity and high temperatures remaining in the mid to upper 70's. We warm up tomorrow into the low to mid-80's but still low humidity. We warm up for just one day on Monday but yet again with more humidity temps should top out in the mid to upper 80's. More great cooler than normal weather moves back in for Tuesday through Thursday as we continue our relatively chilly summer here in Chester County.
Records for today: High 96 (1914) / Low 45 (1949) / Rain 4.98" (1939)
image.png.499257d503734db453a00b3683c16551.png

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Another mow is upcoming today for me!

I have officially lost my current number of total mows.

It doesn’t matter because there is no way that I would catch @Itstrainingtime in the mow count this season!

Mow #26 commences shortly!

You have had a LOT more rain than I have, and your mow total is probably closer to me than you realize. Last year I was well into the 30s at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coop_Mason said:

49 in the snow belt of Adams county 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Woot, we have a southern PA 40's in Aug! 

I wish I had good records from when I was a kid - there was a morning in late August, probably in the late 70s or early 80s when Landisville in Lancaster County got down to 38. I seem to remember getting down to 42 that morning. It really sticks in my memory though that here in Lanco we had a morning in August that reached the 30s. 

I wish I had definitive data.

• Like 3