• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I talk about my grass, most of them have St Augustine which will require all night irrigation 3-4 days a week or it dies....it does not really go into hibernation, it just dies with no rain or irrigation even in the winter.  it needs less water in the winter.      Most people who grow grass there have the irrigation systems; it is just so very expensive.  When I was doing it was 20-30 dollars per night so some of those people are paying over $500 a month to keep their grass alive. 

That gets very expensive to do That.

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

64/58 this AM.  Quite nice.   Precip to the west already drying up per the meso's suggesting that would happen.   Other than the RGEM, the rest of the models are quiet in the LSV for today...outside a random Meso Monday AM, a very dry period upcoming as modeled.   Hope the models are wrong (again) with today and we get a late afternoon line.   On the GFS, many areas get little to no rain through August 10th.    Euro and CMC are mostly dry after today until 7 days out so not as "bad". 

Spot on Bubb! Radar precipitation all pretty much dissipated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I cant believe how much that line died crossing the mountains. Someone got a bunch of dehumidifiers running out there? ;) Lets hope that the line the NAM 3k develops actually happens or we're gonna strike out hard today image.thumb.png.2f2f097751d9cf821e446f4ed8017efe.png

That is an incredibly sad depiction. And it also perfectly follows the seasonal norm - almost everyone gets wet from that except for the one that needs it most.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Step 1).  Do NOT turn anything off in lieu of the Fv3.  (Unless something else is coming to give it a boost).   The Wrf-furls are better. 

Yeah the Fv3 has been hot garbage. They better not be leaning on that model unless it receives some serious fixes. I will say the models as a whole did a good job the last couple days in depicting that line this morning drying up as it moved across the state. Also, this heat wave has been quite meh. Humidity-wise, sure yeah that’s been bad. But temps, ho-hum. 

15 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Do you normally wake up at 5?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sometime between 5-6 but got up early because we are on water restrictions and did not want anyone to see me.  I work a lot of Saturday am's.   Quiet times.   Early nooners in Frederick MD and it is balls hot at 94 and party sunny.  Hotter now than anytime the last 3 days in Rou.

34 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah the Fv3 has been hot garbage. They better not be leaning on that model unless it receives some serious fixes. I will say the models as a whole did a good job the last couple days in depicting that line this morning drying up as it moved across the state. Also, this heat wave has been quite meh. Humidity-wise, sure yeah that’s been bad. But temps, ho-hum. 

Defintely a ho-humer heat wave wise in my opinion as well.  And the meso's did do great with the dry up except that rgem a day or two ago and yesterday's hrrr.  

12 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

After a couple hours of clouds from the decayed Midwest MCS, it is now full sun. Let’s see what develops later this afternoon…

I was coming here to say the same - temp is really taking off now. 89/73 currently. Looking at recent satellite imagery suggests we make a run at 93-95 at this point. 

Fueling...