• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

To all who provided information, thank you very much! In my nearly 58 years on earth, this stands out to me as the biggest freak weather event to ever hit my county. 
And I was on the outside looking in. But it was still amazing. 

I had just moved to Nebraska that year and one of my friends had to shovel my driveway in the home in Mannheim township I still owned.

He said, “man, you guys got alot of snow”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I had just moved to Nebraska that year and one of my friends had to shovel my driveway in the home in Mannheim township I still owned.

He said, “man, you guys got alot of snow”.

What an amazing event it had to be for those lucky enough to get under that squall. 

Thanks for sharing your story. 

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Since it was pointed out that the Euro had a right call the other day I just checked it and it suggests Lanco get their FFW's going.  It's training time as the front stalls in East PA early Friday AM.  A very small amount of that in most of Lanco is today, most Friday AM.

image.thumb.png.e20a203478517f11270b342849a9d37b.png

That is more than 15 times wetter for Lanco than the past weekend's flood watch-o-rama. 

• Haha 1

Since it was pointed out that the Euro had a right call the other day I just checked it and it suggests Lanco get their FFW's going.  It's training time as the front stalls in East PA early Friday AM.  A very small amount of that in most of Lanco is today, most Friday AM.
image.thumb.png.e20a203478517f11270b342849a9d37b.png

I'll take 0.50" and be smiling

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What’s going on Thursday night? 

NWS:
Showers and thunderstorms before 2am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 66. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Relentless...

Thursday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 119. Breezy, with a west wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 92. Breezy, with a west wind 5 to 15 mph.
Friday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 118. Breezy, with a west wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

With our recent discussions I thought this was interesting. Found it on Twitter from Jeff Frame, a meteorologist attending the one major conference right now. It's just one slide, but it's from Russ Schumacher from Colorado State who helped develop a key MLP forecast tool that the WPC has used since 2021 forecasting heavy rainfall. Basically it's the twin nemesis of forecasting, low level moisture & boundaries. What I would give to be able to watch all these on YouTube. 72498a9eb01144e12f8d0cb7a08931d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I can confirm that was a legit storm that rolled through central York county. Honestly it was probably the best storm we’ve had all season here so far…only lasted like 5 minutes, but it packed a punch with heavy rain and probably a couple 30mph wind gusts. Recorded .71 in the gauge. 

• Like 3