• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

It looks like some spots across Southern Chester County picked up some rain earlier this AM. Up here in East Nantmeal nothing so far. There will continue to be a slight chance of some pop up storms today with a better shot by tomorrow evening. Wednesday and Thursday we look to warm into the upper 80's both days. In looking ahead they look to be the warmest days through at least July 19th. A climate note of interest - here in East Nantmeal I have now not recorded a 90 degree or higher reading in more than 2 years. The last above 90 degree day was on June 30th, 2021. I did record one day last summer on July 23rd that reached 89.7 - so we round that up and call it a 90 degree day. I know many spots in the county especially southern and lower spots did reach the 90 degree mark back on June 2nd - however we could do no higher than 88.8 here in East Nantmeal.
Records for today: High 102 (1966) / Low 47 (1929) / Rain 3.19" (1978)image.png.9e74385de9c63507569e9c190beb506a.png
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So my daughter and her family are at Splash Mountain RV Park just east of Northumberland with their brand new camper trailer for the holiday weekend, and I guess were close to all the action. Fortunately they did not have any damage and are all OK. 

• Like 5

But they rightfully separated Harrisburg from upper Dauphin county
I'm surprised they didn't label it East Adams.

Bubbler now lives in Washington county. Everyone is now residents of the county south of them as we all shifted.

*Looks at map* Cambria county here.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Was gonna say I remember plenty of coal mines driving through clearfield (and surrounding areas) visiting my grandma when she was still alive :)

I was punking on the NWS graphic where they mislabeled the counties on that tornado statement...lol

There is bituminous coal out your way, isn't there?

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm surprised they didn't label it East Adams.

Bubbler now lives in Washington county. Everyone is now residents of the county south of them as we all shifted.

*Looks at map* Cambria county here.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I do have a house in Washington County if that matters. Dry as a bone there too.