• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

basically just enough to get the street wet. Cooled down but made it more muggy here in Macungie. Was at 93 down to 81 now. The debris clouds from these pop up showers make things worse and stifle redevelopment of t- storms for the rest of the afternoon.  Can never get a full fledged heavy rain event unless the storm dies out right over you as fast as it forms. God, I miss training t- storms. Have not seen a good training t- storm in years

Another warm one out there today after yesterday peaking again in the upper 80's we should see temps a little cooler today but still very humid. Rain chances will be there almost anytime through Sunday night. Best chances will be later today and again Sunday. While Southern Chester County has been wet of late....here in Northern and Western Chesco we have yet to see any measurable rain here in July!
Records for today: High 98 degrees (1900) / Low 49 (1940) / Rain 2.23" (1907)
image.png.4af4f9de0c20d67df465df6247443e44.png

On 7/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, Newman said:

Made it to around 92 here in Fleetwood. Some slow moving pop up storms forming over the coastal plain and Philly. Weak steering flow, humid/moist atmosphere, and convective T reached means you get these typical summer time pop ups. Not widespread in nature today

On another note, I will finally be moving to Wyoming in less than 3 weeks to continue my education and get my PhD. It's been a pleasure to be apart of the Philly subforum here, I don't think I'll be back east any time soon! But I'll still be posting here occasionally, can't escape your home roots

Congrats Newman, way to go!  

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Some low-level clouds keeping temps in check this morning. Waiting to see if full sun breaks out and sends us off to the races. Still, no heat advisories or warnings, so how "hot" is it really??

82F/DP 75F

I know I'm pretty far north and east of most of us, but it's hella hot and humid here. It is starting to cloud up a bit though, and it looks like there might be showers popping up here and there.

sZvsaJi.png

2 hours ago, famartin said:

I'll try to stop by more regularly.

Yay! :thumbsup:

Just hit 90 a few minutes ago for my 4th day in a row.  Sun had been in and out earlier but now have more scattered cumulus and the temp had been hovering in the low 80s before shooting up.

After a warm "low" of 75, am currently partly cloudy and 89 with dp 73.  Am watching that line to the west and hoping hoping hoping I can get something from that.

2 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Already surging past .69". that's about a 2-3"/hr rate. We really needed this, but dang. Haven't had a proper gully washer in a while!

6squz3M.png

Holy crap it went up to .74 in the few seconds it took me to copy/paste this.

Excellent!  Was just looking at the radar.  Am hoping I can cash in on some of that.

Currently starting to cloud up a bit although the sun is still breaking through, and 88 with dp 74.

kdix_20230707_1801_BR_0.5.png

21 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

2.4" in 40 minutes... flood warnings are up lol

Wow.  Blob has basically been undulating in the area.

14 minutes ago, Newman said:

Radar estimates of 1-2+ inches over Berks county over the last hour. Flash flood warning, PWATs through the roof

Jackpot zones...

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

You're in a good spot. Not really moving and back-building.

May need another barrel....

87F/DP 72F/Cloudy

LOL

I actually put buckets out at times to catch some rain water that I can filter and use for plants inside.  I have some that are fluoride sensitive adn they do better with that rain water.

Currently 87 with dp 73 and watching the radar closely. I have my patio umbrella up and will leave it up until I *think* I may be getting something because when I have kept it down, it has been dry dry dry.

kdix_20230707_1858_BR_0.5.png