Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Blue Sky on a smoky day....

52F here...can't beat these temps, though I think the lightning bugs (and people with pools) would like it a few degrees warmer.

Good early morning/sunrise cruising tune with the windows down, no one on the road driving without a care. I'm sure I've played this headed to the shore early mornings....hanging out or fishing/crabbing.

61F/DP 49F

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Too much hype over air quality this was an average night at the bar in the 80's 90's

Reese's, Walsh's, Red Stallion, Rosemore Pub, Horsham Inn, Gavins etc...I could go on?

Didn't/don't smoke but smelled like a chimney heading home...  

Can't see the sun...DPs and Hum are super low for June.

sun.jpg

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Reese's, Walsh's, Red Stallion, Rosemore Pub, Horsham Inn, Gavins etc...I could go on?

Didn't/don't smoke but smelled like a chimney heading home...  

Can't see the sun...DPs and Hum are super low for June.

sun.jpg

Can't forget the Neshaminy Inn dude ;)

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Cracking open a Yuengling and dragging out the old lawn darts

During the 70s my family/relatives would get together for the summer holidays and whip those things in the air, drinking returnables, music, fireworks and with kids walking around...couldn't be more safe.

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

During the 70s my family/relatives would get together for the summer holidays and whip those things in the air, drinking returnables, music, fireworks and with kids walking around...couldn't be more safe.

Had a dog that ate fireworks and exhaled smoke those were the days, lived to a ripe 16 years old

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Not top notch strippers (Double Visions up the road) but if I remember correctly the township was harassing them so they painted their place like a nutjob clown house for spite... 

nes.jpg

My first bar at 18yo lmao. Not top notch is right they couldn't afford razors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

My first bar at 18yo lmao. Not top notch is right they couldn't afford razors.

I went mostly for the cheap beer/pool tables/close to home....stuff on stage was a afterthought. 

Literally overcast, no sun, most dense wildfire smoke yet.

73F/DP 42F/Hum 31%

Didn't have that much of a haze down at ground level yesterday (mostly overhead) as I was out and about but was just out watering before 3 pm and OMG, it's like a fog of it that has settled around the woods and buildings in this area. :o

I turned my central air off so it wouldn't suck the smoke in and have my air purifiers going on the highest setting. 

Had bottomed out at 55 this morning and hit 75 for a high so far today, but i think the smoke blocked out enough to drop me down to a current smokey 73 and dp a dry 40.

• Like 1

Did a quick search because I remembered we had a similar bad couple days with smoke from Canadian wildfires and it was 2002 - https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/2596/smoke-from-canadian-fires-blankets-eastern-us

quebec_smoke_20020707.jpg

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/9822/fires-in-quebec-canada-send-smoke-to-us

Canada.TMO2002187.jpg

Back then, it happened in July but as we know, there was a similar drought going on that year.

This tweet was done around noon but it looks like that thick plume in the video clip is down here now -

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Didn't have that much of a haze down at ground level yesterday (mostly overhead) as I was out and about but was just out watering before 3 pm and OMG, it's like a fog of it that has settled around the woods and buildings in this area. :o

I turned my central air off so it wouldn't suck the smoke in and have my air purifiers going on the highest setting. 

Had bottomed out at 55 this morning and hit 75 for a high so far today, but i think the smoke blocked out enough to drop me down to a current smokey 73 and dp a dry 40.

Your central air should be fine to run. It’s just cooling and recirculating indoor air, not pulling outdoor air in. That said, the smell of smoke where I live is strong enough that I can detect it inside our (poorly insulated) house.