• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Obs

yotaman

Due to a combination of several days of NE winds and the full moon, CHS had major and lower SC to GA had moderate coastal saltwater flooding Sun evening. This lead to US Highway 80 to Tybee being flooded and the 10th highest tide on record back to 1935 at Ft. Pulaski with 10.2'! I saw marsh grass that normally sticks out above the water even at high tide completely under water Sun evening!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GaWx said:

Due to a combination of several days of NE winds and the full moon, CHS had major and lower SC to GA had moderate coastal saltwater flooding Sun evening. This lead to US Highway 80 to Tybee being flooded and the 10th highest tide on record back to 1935 at Ft. Pulaski with 10.2'! I saw marsh grass that normally sticks out above the water even at high tide completely under water Sun evening!

Very cool observation Larry. Things like this are fascinating to witness especially being so rare of sorts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yotaman said:

Surprising low of 49 this morning. Didn't think we would see 40's in June. Dew points in the 50's made our high of 82 seem comfortable.

I just took a walk with it near 70 and dewpoints in the mid 50s. It was similar last evening.  It was very comfy for both walks. That's unusual for June down here.

I have to say that I'm enjoying the low 50's for morning lows and low 80's for highs and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all delaying the sweltering southern summer for a bit :D  My only request would be to move the rain once in a while from the weekend to the weekdays. I bought myself a new canon mirrorless for my birthday in April and haven't used it much due to the rainy weekends. I'm thinking about getting a macro just so I can take pictures of the mushrooms, fungus and slime in the backyard from all of the rain though :lol: 

• Like 4

Low of 62, high of 85. Still no 90 here so far. I cannot ever remember not seeing 90 this late into spring. Dew points have climbed into the 60's today. Looks like we won't be seeing anymore 50's for lows until late Sept or early Oct. Wonder if we can make it to July with no 90's?

- KSAV in 2023: only 5 90+ days YTD through June 11th with hottest of 92

- Fewest # of 90+ days through June 11th since the 5 from 2013

- Contrast the mere 5 days to 31 (2011) and 21 (2019) along with the average back to 2000 of 14 days

- Coolest hottest trough June 11th since the 92 of 2013

- Contrast the hottest of just 92 with 102 (2019), 101 (2002), and 100 (2000) along with the average back to 2000 of 96

- I was wondering if incoming El Niño climo might favor less hot but stats since 2000 show El Niño same as non-El Nino

• Like 1