Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter 2023

George BM

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

NVSL Relay Carnivals tonight. One of the most fun nights of the season!

Always a fun night! And a beautiful evening (save for the smoke). Our kids swam great and, more importantly, had a blast.

Hope it was a good night for your team as well!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hstorm said:

Always a fun night! And a beautiful evening (save for the smoke). Our kids swam great and, more importantly, had a blast.

Hope it was a good night for your team as well!

That's great to hear! It's such a fun meet, and the kids go absolutely berserk over it! For me, it was really comfortable down on the deck, which made it that much more enjoyable.

We swam really well and the coaches were THRILLED with how it went. We didn't have big expectations going in, but we ended up tying for second (12 points off first). The best part about it was that we had no DQs outside of a false start in the 15-18 girls relay in which would have come in near last anyway (I *think* she rocked on the start). Far cry from us going into the season not sure if we'd even have any 8&U relays!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:02 AM, EastCoast NPZ said:

Imagine the heat of the Sahara and the humidity of the Amazon jungle.  Combine those two and you've got the DC area summer climate.

On 6/28/2023 at 7:43 AM, GramaxRefugee said:

Not quite as hot, and twice as humid.  

Thanks Y'all, I've already been to Florida in 2022, so I know the humidity is going to be insane, but since I've never been to DC before, I wanted to know what it is like up there.

25 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Thanks Y'all, I've already been to Florida in 2022, so I know the humidity is going to be insane, but since I've never been to DC before, I wanted to know what it is like up there.

If you can survive OK, you shouldn't have much of a problem around here. As a weather enthusiast, you should have some sense of this.

17 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Lots of places are hot & humid, but come back in winter for one of our snowstorm threats.  (Make sure you hang out on this forum. )

Then you'll want to change your major from Meteorology to Psychology.  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, CAPE said:

If you can survive OK, you shouldn't have much of a problem around here. As a weather enthusiast, you should have some sense of this.

I've never been to DC before, and since Florida was tropical torture with the humidity, I thought I may ask some of Y'all here just to be sure.

4 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Lots of places are hot & humid, but come back in winter for one of our snowstorm threats.  (Make sure you hang out on this forum. )

Then you'll want to change your major from Meteorology to Psychology.  

LOL, I know a lot of areas are hot and humid, but some areas are notorious for it.

(And I will try to hang out here from Late July to Early August, even though I'm not going to be here very much)

• H2O unpinned this topic