• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Warm Season Thread 2022/2023

wxeyeNH

Tomorrow is June 1rst so it is time for a NNE warm season thread.

Going into the summer May has been very dry.  Probably the biggest weather event was the late freeze on the morning of May 18th.  Just about everyone got down into the 20s and I think there might have been a few teens?  The oak trees around here took a big hit.  The small leaves had just emerged and now the oaks are mostly bare with brown dead curled up leaves.  I'm sure they will bounce back quickly.

Below is the regional precipitation deficit for the month and a chart of my temperatures and rainfall here in Central NH.

percent.jpg

rain.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

w2902-c?  Who has this?  Im starting to think the precip measurement is not so accurate.  I understand variability but I feel like I'm sometimes higher than I should be.  Escpecially compared to kmvl and kmpv.  I do know how far both are from me.  But does anyone in the area have a standard rain guage that they have compared to the output of this inexpensive weather station.  I think im going to buy one and compare.  It's been raining hard but I dont feel like I got almost and inch at this point.  Really just curious if other w2902-c users have noticed this

image.thumb.png.e70d810ebc99ac5958d90acc114f9a1a.png

28 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

w2902-c?  Who has this?  Im starting to think the precip measurement is not so accurate.  I understand variability but I feel like I'm sometimes higher than I should be.  Escpecially compared to kmvl and kmpv.  I do know how far both are from me.  But does anyone in the area have a standard rain guage that they have compared to the output of this inexpensive weather station.  I think im going to buy one and compare.  It's been raining hard but I dont feel like I got almost and inch at this point.  Really just curious if other w2902-c users have noticed this

image.thumb.png.e70d810ebc99ac5958d90acc114f9a1a.png

I have the ws-7078 and think the same about it. I will say that there is another Ambient PWS around the corner from me so Ive started comparing and we’ve been close with the last event, so whatever happens isn’t consistent. I’ve thought about getting a regular gauge but just haven’t. They aren’t expensive, I just haven’t done it. 

50 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have the ws-7078 and think the same about it. I will say that there is another Ambient PWS around the corner from me so Ive started comparing and we’ve been close with the last event, so whatever happens isn’t consistent. I’ve thought about getting a regular gauge but just haven’t. They aren’t expensive, I just haven’t done it. 

same , so cheap I am going to get on to compare.  Thanks for your input!  Also it's raining hard out there! suppposedly up to 1.15

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

1.90" so far.  My neighbor's station around the corner 1.98"

Just starting to rain here.  We're under a flood watch but I doubt we'll have anywhere near enough for significant issues.  Read that West Point, NY had 7.5" in 6 hours, with some serious flooding at the Military Academy.  It's perched on a plateau facing the Hudson but must get runoff from the west.

In other news, there's at least one road in Jay still closed due to the June 29 downpour.

• 4 weeks later...

Alex and I just had a brief chat. The leaves are starting to change. The green color is changing and fading. It's not one uniform landscape of green anymore. The usual maples are starting to show splashes of red, at the tops and the random weak branches. There are bits of yellow starting to show as well. And we didn't even get through one full page on the Warm Season Thread

• Like 1