Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I thought it made LF at Cozumel as cat 5 160mph?

Might have been weaker when it hit Yucatan or by the time it reached the more populated wets side of Cozumel....I know it was weakening pretty fast though regardless. If it had been holding more steady or intensifying, it would have been way worse than it was....and it was still really bad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might have been weaker when it hit Yucatan or by the time it reached the more populated wets side of Cozumel....I know it was weakening pretty fast though regardless. If it had been holding more steady or intensifying, it would have been way worse than it was....and it was still really bad.

Yucatan, 925mb 130kts.

hurricane_GILBERT 1988.png

1 minute ago, WeatherHappens said:

Don't waste your time with this one. Let's look forward to 10 day out phantom blizzard of 78 lol. 

The gfs was abysmal on Idalia in FL.. and we all know it’s well documented east bias . With the EPS and GEFS all continuing west the last 4 days.. anyone claiming they know the end result is very foolish. All the players are on the field for this one. My advice.. don’t knee jerk off an op 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 4

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The gfs was abysmal on Idalia in FL.. and we all know it’s well documented east bias . With the EPS and GEFS all continuing west the last 4 days.. anyone claiming they know the end result is very foolish. All the players are on the field for this one. My advice.. don’t knee jerk off an op 

It's been schooling other tropicals in various basins. Bad take.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The ensemble mean shows a similar thing. We'll wait to see what the euro says, but it's not the classic look IMO. That trough needs to dig and not lift out.

I suggest people just enjoy the show that Lee is beginning to put on, independent of any IMBY "I have a dream" wish.

GFS was too far WEST with Idalia.

Which did better on Idalia  days 8-10 Euro or gfs?

Euro. So I guess a closer whiff?? Wheeeeeeee!

In all seriousness, we have 2-3 days to nail this, but I'm not a fan of what I see. I feel like some are really working themselves up to disappointment. 

If it comes, you can bump the posts all you want and have a collective circle jerk with the posts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Euro. So I guess a closer whiff?? Wheeeeeeee!

In all seriousness, we have 2-3 days to nail this, but I'm not a fan of what I see. I feel like some are really working themselves up to disappointment. 

If it comes, you can bump the posts all you want and have a collective circle jerk with the posts. 

And even if it hits, it will be nothing we haven't seen several times over the course of the last decade or so.