• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The grass is going to take off next week.  This is not a drought buster but it is a mean, green rain machine.

At this point I route for smaller amounts of rain for the courses. Typically .25 to .75 is a good amount at a time.   1” plus starts other problems such as increased disease pressure, cart path restrictions and also erosion of sand traps.   

• Like 2

LSV looks lite up with heavy rain....main area of rain already done here.  WAYYYYY early.  Just 1/3".  The meso's were warning the Western LSV was going to get the shaft.   Just a 2 hour quick hitter.  Sun is already peeking. 
How do you do so well with snow but then enter into some rain shadow from April through October?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

How do you do so well with snow but then enter into some rain shadow from April through October?

I actually do not do that well with snow sometimes either but models were just showing 1/4 to 1/2" here and that is basically what happened but ending/just random showers much sooner than progged. I believe MDT actually had more snow than me this past winter.   It is partly cloudy now.   The heavier rain is well East of here around the Susq.   I think the rain is way ahead timing wise for everyone.  Adams starting to stop as well. 

image.png.90b4414c800527b5db75dd229d279f18.png

1 hour ago, Coop_Mason said:

At this point I route for smaller amounts of rain for the courses. Typically .25 to .75 is a good amount at a time.   1” plus starts other problems such as increased disease pressure, cart path restrictions and also erosion of sand traps.   

Who would have thought it would be have stopped already out this way.  HRRR has some lighter showers coming through later but 18Z cut way back from 12Z for West LSV. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Who would have thought it would be have stopped already out this way.  HRRR has some lighter showers coming through later but 18Z cut way back from 12Z for West LSV. 

That first round blossomed right around Thurmont just like last Saturday and tracked due north.   I’m listening to York County scanner they have a lot of trees down.  Also some structural damage.  

2 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

That first round blossomed right around Thurmont just like last Saturday and tracked due north.   I’m listening to York County scanner they have a lot of trees down.  Also some structural damage.  

Yea, the weather to our East looks crazy.   I am most surprised by the early exit though.  

4 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

There’s backbuilding.  THV reports 2.15” 3 hr total 

I see the back building, but it is minimal over here.   I was not in the Moderate drought over here so good for those that were.  Help catch up some.   It has been pouring through much of York, Lanco and Dauphin...parts of Cumberland.   

On 4/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, mahantango#1 said:

I don't think they had the proper cooling after I planted them about 90% of them bloomed. Some on the small side. Dug up the tulip bulbs that were in there for about 5 years and purchased new ones from a place in Michigan. But it was mid November when I did all this. So with the winter we had that was on the warm side, I think they didn't receive the proper chilling they require which is about 15 weeks. I'm sure they will look better next spring.

I have personally never had stratification issues from bulbs but I guess its possible seeing it was a  very warm winter.  How did the bulbs do that where there for 5 years ? You should check the soils electrical conductivity and Ph to make sure its in range for what you are growing. If you would like to send me a soil sample I have a professional Ec and ph meter. You can get meters for under $50.00 but there not that accurate. I have a blue lab  ec/ph combo meter that I calibrate every few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I have personally never had stratification issues from bulbs but I guess its possible seeing it was a  very warm winter.  How did the bulbs do that where there for 5 years ? You should check the soils electrical conductivity and Ph to make sure its in range for what you are growing. If you would like to send me a soil sample I have a professional Ec and ph meter. You can get meters for under $50.00 but there not that accurate. I have a blue lab  ec/ph combo meter that I calibrate every few weeks.

The bulbs did great that were in there for 4 years. Then they were so close together they need divided. Thus they were fighting with each other. I wanted to dig the bed up after 3 years but didn't have the time.

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Had one VERY close lightning strike that startled my wife and I and sent the cats flying under beds. Rainfall total here is .53" and it has stopped.

I had thought you would have scored more but still not too shabby.  I bet we see some varied totals like THV reporting a crazy 2+".   The line really sparked up for central and eastern LSV. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I had thought you would have scored more but still not too shabby.  I bet we see some varied totals like THV reporting a crazy 2+".   The line really sparked up for central eastern LSV. 

Radar looks promising for me to tack on some more. More surprising to me is how we missed the storminess - other than the one big strike it's been stratiform light to moderate rainfall from the start. Very beneficial. Hope you get some more too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Radar looks promising for me to tack on some more. More surprising to me is how we missed the storminess - other than the one big strike it's been stratiform light to moderate rainfall from the start. Very beneficial. Hope you get some more too.

Yep, going to be some grass growing even with potential frost.  

Off topic but Colorado had their spring game with snow in boulder. Last year it was free and attendance was 1950. This year it was $10 and attendance was over 47,000. Who knows how good deion will be but with the present environment in the CFB landscape he is absolutely the gamble they need to have any chance at returning to relevance. I laughed at the students attacking each other in a massive snowball fight.