joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

Just now, MJO812 said:

Uh ? It just shifted west

We need the dynamics 

Looks very weird since it chases convection east with one low and the other near the coast. Look at the upper air lows vs what it shows at the surface for dynamics that can kick in for any snow. Multiple lows probably mean just a marginal slop fest. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Looks very weird since it chases convection east with one low and the other near the coast. Look at the upper air lows vs what it shows at the surface for dynamics that can kick in for any snow. Multiple lows probably mean just a marginal slop fest. 

we've seen this chasing the convection scenario before

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Uh ? It just shifted west

We need the dynamics 

1 minute ago, mannynyc said:

Double barrel low on the Euro 1678809600-Gm01wolp6mU.png

Very confusing  run. I didn’t notice the western low just the dominate one which was way east at first then hooked toward the cape. I noticed the northern stream dug more as well so was hoping for a better outcome. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Mainly a rainstorm, but some light snows wrap in on tuesday on the Euro. GFS is the only model giving us significant snow. Certainly not the model I want I my side. 

Euro just trended west and south with the H5 low.

Great trend 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

H5 trended south

Just a little more and bam

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Very odd run with the wrap-around snow for NYC Metro delayed 12-24 hours from previous runs and other snowy models...look when NJ gets its snow, when the low is near ME!

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ne.png

Models are struggling with this - err on the side of less impressive when that happens 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jdj5211 said:

This is all about the trend here for me. The trend is west and colder. That’s a good thing because it could be going the other way. Now we wait for the fine tuning and see how it plays out. There’s still some time on the clock here. 

You might be right. The double barrel low showing up on the models today may be in response that they are not done trending towards a more favorable outcome. We’ll see.

1 minute ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Euro run was good enough to keep me interested but not good enough to make me feel optimistic about this. 

GFS is able to pull it off but we need a pretty substantial SW shift in the developing dynamics and upper low track in the other models to be confident of wintry impact in NYC. I’d give it a 10% chance of an advisory event or greater in the city but can’t be written off yet. Don I’m sure has better stats for what the ensembles show. Expect rain and then be thrilled with a better outcome. 

• Like 1