• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When they interviewed the A & M Coach, early in the game, he called Pickett by his number 22 a few times (instead of using his name).  You could tell A & M had no respect.    Pickett looks a lot like Bradley Beal to me. Both his game and just similarities in facial features. 

Very much so. 

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

But that's just it - my wife and I watch EVERY Sixers game, and when they're on TNT, my wife will enter the room and ask who Chuck was picking that night. I bet at least 50% of the games this year the team he picked, lost. It's uncanny how often he's wrong with the NBA as well...

No, you're right.  He is wrong a LOT haha.  I think he gets a pass because he's so likeable and he's just goofy 'ol Chuck.  Fair or not ha. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And THAT was the reason why A&M was going to blow out the Nittany Lions last night - the Aggies were too athletic for PSU. Never mind that the Lions played solid fundamental basketball. 

And shot the absolute lights out. 

That and they have an absolutely brilliant point guard who plays with unmatched poise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

It wont end till you return to Pa.

Just think. I single handedly ended the drought out here. The Salt River reservoirs are so full that they are doing dam releases and making the normally dry river bed through Phoenix look like the Susquehanna. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Just think. I single handedly ended the drought out here. The Salt River reservoirs are so full that they are doing dam releases and making the normally dry river bed through Phoenix look like the Susquehanna. 

This is what I am trying to get definition on.  I am hearing that much of the water will run off and the drought is still "on" but local water supplies are refilled for a  period... not sure.   Looks like USGS has most of Arizona off drought right now though other areas of the west are still D1 or D2. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I don't think so. 

Texas is the 5th best team in the country when you dive into metrics. They're faster than probably any team PSU has played this year, and play better defense than anyone in the Big Ten. They won the best basketball conference in the country and blew out Kansas twice in the past two weeks. They're legit. 

Anyone can win (looking at you, Hoos!) but Texas is really good. Hook 'em!

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Texas is the 5th best team in the country when you dive into metrics. They're faster than probably any team PSU has played this year, and play better defense than anyone in the Big Ten. They won the best basketball conference in the country and blew out Kansas twice in the past two weeks. They're legit. 

I didn't say Texas was bad, they are a really good team. PSU needs to win by the 3's if they are off they will lose. But Texas Head Coach watching the PSU game last night looked stunned. Anyways, let's hope for a good game from both teams. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Why look at the Hoo's when 'Zona is there to look at?  The Hoo's were only favored by 5.5 points and were just a minor upset. Kihei Clark made it shine more though.    Arizona was favored by 14.5 points. 

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is what I am trying to get definition on.  I am hearing that much of the water will run off and the drought is still "on" but local water supplies are refilled for a  period... not sure.   Looks like USGS has most of Arizona off drought right now though other areas of the west are still D1 or D2. 

From what I'm hearing, Colorado had a decent winter, but for Lake Powell and Lake Mead it would take 10 years of good winters to bring them up to 70 to 80 percent capacity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

From what I'm hearing, Colorado had a decent winter, but for Lake Powell and Lake Mead it would take 10 years of good winters to bring them up to 70 to 80 percent capacity. 

That is basically what I am hearing as well but with less specific stats.  We/they were given a reprieve but need it to be better for a long time before they are "out of the woods."

@Ruin you said on the other thread:

--

the below period time was said to be the 16th on  and was said to be much below normal I owuldnt call 50 when the average high is 52 chilly the coldest day we had was 48. for many of us it was warmer then forecasted for a few days and for me I had 2 days below normal the rest were average and even had 2 days above 

--

Below are MDT's numbers for the period 3/10-3/15.  All of them below normal, and two days where it did not reach 40.  Maybe you were speaking about earlier in March?  

image.png.6b5435b0d659b0576dbe56951addd369.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Ruin you said on the other thread:

--

the below period time was said to be the 16th on  and was said to be much below normal I owuldnt call 50 when the average high is 52 chilly the coldest day we had was 48. for many of us it was warmer then forecasted for a few days and for me I had 2 days below normal the rest were average and even had 2 days above 

--

Below are MDT's numbers for the period 3/10-3/15.  All of them below normal, and two days where it did not reach 40.  Maybe you were speaking about earlier in March?  

image.png.6b5435b0d659b0576dbe56951addd369.png

LOL, I was just getting ready to post the same data. Thanks for pulling that together.

Ruin, if you want to be negative, that's your prerogative. But at least speak truth or something remotely close to the truth. The post that you made in the MA thread that Bubbler pulled over is so blatantly wrong it's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Psu isn’t shooting 60 plus from three again, but 40 plus still can win you a game. Also funk abandoned my beloved bucknell bison, so I may or may not be a little salty lol.

Your saltiness is warranted in that case haha.  But man can that kid shoot the rock, such a smooth quick stroke (cue the dirty jokes).  I fear Penn State used up all of its good mojo in that A&M game.  I mean, how often do we see a team shoot lights out from three in back to back games, which is what I think they may need to do again to have a chance.  But hey, that's why they play the games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Your saltiness is warranted in that case haha.  But man can that kid shoot the rock, such a smooth quick stroke (cue the dirty jokes).  I fear Penn State used up all of its good mojo in that A&M game.  I mean, how often do we see a team shoot lights out from three in back to back games, which is what I think they may need to do again to have a chance.  But hey, that's why they play the games.

Idk they feel like the Trey Burke Michigan team that made a run to the finals, hot at right time and destiny on their side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Idk they feel like the Trey Burke Michigan team that made a run to the finals, hot at right time and destiny on their side.

If PSU makes it to the final 4, all my SEC friends are going to be slamming their fists into tables.  They think the Big 10 is only good at being slow, immobile and built for cold weather.