• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hazy, hot & hot humid with epic drought conditions despite only being 1 inch below normal precip at any given time?

You missed a 0 and mean 10 if going back a few years.  MDT is already 2.5" below normal in 2023.    Only you could say this when ITT is in an actual D0. 

image.thumb.png.a880b37dbf80e11a899c698b1b63d39d.png

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Constant mowing & weeding for all of us except for Rouzerville?

We are definitely now mowing until April here.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You missed a 0 and mean 10 if going back a few years.  MDT is already 2.5" below normal in 2023.    Only you could say this when ITT is in an actual D0. 

image.thumb.png.a880b37dbf80e11a899c698b1b63d39d.png

We are definitely now mowing until April here.  

Lol, @canderson asked for a Summer forecast, so I simply predicted what usually happens in this thread every Summer.
This was not an assessment of current epic drought conditions.

I also can’t wait to track my Summer dew points!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

No ha.  But honestly, ya never know.  Never wise to bet against a hot team!  Although the 'ol "live by the three, die by the three" keeps entering my mind.

I thought PSU's defense was quite good for the part of the game that I watched.    Either that or A & M had a poor offensive plan.   With Houston very questionable now, beat Texas and....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

No ha.  But honestly, ya never know.  Never wise to bet against a hot team!  Although the 'ol "live by the three, die by the three" keeps entering my mind.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thought PSU's defense was quite good for the part of the game that I watched.    Either that or A & M had a poor offensive plan.   With Houston very questionable now, beat Texas and....

I became hopeful last night during pregame when Chuck (Barkley) said that "A&M wins this in a blowout...yeah, they'll win by at least 15 points"

It was at that moment that I knew the Blue and White was good to go! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I became hopeful last night during pregame when Chuck (Barkley) said that "A&M wins this in a blowout...yeah, they'll win by at least 15 points"

It was at that moment that I knew the Blue and White was good to go! 

Man, as much as I love Chuck he is always woefully ill-prepared with the NCAA analysis this time of year.  It's like they force him to do it. They should just keep him on the NBA stuff but I know they want to leverage his personality and TV chops.  I get it but it's just not his wheelhouse. Side note, got to love when Clark Kellogg gets brought down from the attic and dusted off every year around this time :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting stat of the day....the amount of days during Met winter that MDT had 1" or more of snow.    7 out of 14 have come since 1990 with 2 or less days of 1" snows.  This means that since 1888 the first 100/101 years to 1989 produced 7 of the top 14 then over the next 33 years we doubled the total. 

image.png.0a8fdac5ce58e3b3721471f75601c2d0.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Man, as much as I love Chuck he is always woefully ill-prepared with the NCAA analysis this time of year.  It's like they force him to do it. They should just keep him on the NBA stuff but I know they want to leverage his personality and TV chops.  I get it but it's just not his wheelhouse. Side note, got to love when Clark Kellogg gets brought down from the attic and dusted off every year around this time :lol:

He falls in love with athletic plays too much...he sees some fantastic dunks and misses the small parts of the game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

But that's just it - my wife and I watch EVERY Sixers game, and when they're on TNT, my wife will enter the room and ask who Chuck was picking that night. I bet at least 50% of the games this year the team he picked, lost. It's uncanny how often he's wrong with the NBA as well...

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Interesting stat of the day....the amount of days during Met winter that MDT had 1" or more of snow.    8 out of 14, over half, have come since 1990 with 2 or less days of 1" snows.  This means that since 1888 the first 100/101 years to 1989 produced 6 of the top 14 then over the next 33 years we more than doubled the total. 

image.png.0a8fdac5ce58e3b3721471f75601c2d0.png

Look at you channeling your best @Mount Joy Snowman! Seriously though, that's a great chart. And it is pretty telling...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He falls in love with athletic plays too much...he sees some fantastic dunks and misses the small parts of the game.  

And THAT was the reason why A&M was going to blow out the Nittany Lions last night - the Aggies were too athletic for PSU. Never mind that the Lions played solid fundamental basketball. 

And shot the absolute lights out. 

39 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

How 'bout it!?  Man what a performance.  I don't even know how to feel, as we never get to witness anything like that from PSU basketball.  I'm just all out of sorts haha.

Great Performance no doubt. Funck was on fire! Let's hope they still have it for Saturday night. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And THAT was the reason why A&M was going to blow out the Nittany Lions last night - the Aggies were too athletic for PSU. Never mind that the Lions played solid fundamental basketball. 

And shot the absolute lights out. 

When they interviewed the A & M Coach, early in the game, he called Pickett by his number 22 a few times (instead of using his name).  You could tell A & M had no respect.    Pickett looks a lot like Bradley Beal to me. Both his game and just similarities in facial features. 

• Like 2