Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

4 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

I know your an old motherfucker who's been around the block, previous shit deleted

I am/and like many I’m an uncle.  But maybe 10-15 years ago we were bantering about ukmet which has always had erratic solutions.  So I surmised that ukmet is like your crazy uncle that is drunk on thanksgiving but is capable of better.  Crazy Uncle Ukie.  So if someone posts uncle?-they’re looking for ukmet.  I’m tossing tonight’s run.  Now some would say it’s because my area gets screwed which has some truth to it.  But it’s whacked unless it’s cousin euro agrees-lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I am/and like many I’m an uncle.  But maybe 10-15 years ago we were bantering about ukmet which has always had erratic solutions.  So I surmised that ukmet is like your crazy uncle that is drunk on thanksgiving but is capable of better.  Crazy Uncle Ukie.  So if someone posts uncle?-they’re looking for ukmet.  I’m tossing tonight’s run.  Now some would say it’s because my area gets screwed which has some truth to it.  But it’s whacked unless it’s cousin euro agrees-lol.

I am also familiar with the ukie being called uncle.  I have been around since ne.weather but all these years a lurker, I remember when pf still lived in Albany and could forecast microclimates for VT better than the nws and was delighted when he moved here in btv and then when he lived in snow country near MRG before coming to stowe.  I remember when it died with joe bartlo and the psests.  rip joe, you were a freakshow, just like usafdude from the cape James who is also dead.  And then eastern and dt and larry c and the radio shows the used to have for big storms.  I used to play in the tq forecasting competitons too in the early 2000's. Been around the block since aol in 1995.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

well the euro is now a 987 low, getting closer to George's 970 :) that fixes things

I think it's becoming clear that the route to a big storm is to hope that wave can kind go to town in its own faster...that is the hope for a foot or more,  otherwise it's a warning event...which is still no small feat this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I thin it's becoming clear that the route to a big storm is to hope that wave can kind go to town in its own faster...that is the hope for a foot or more,  otherwise it's a warning event...which is still no small feat this year.

OK, you're off the third shift. I'm up for work. Get some zzz! 

It appears that euro and gfs both have mid levels that never quite get cranking in time for Southern NE. Obviously a pretty good widespread snowfall regardless. We'd like to see mid levels improve back to what they were about a day ago to really cash in on big amounts. That capture and crawl off the coast of Sne isn't there overnight. 

1 hour ago, TalcottWx said:

It appears that euro and gfs both have mid levels that never quite get cranking in time for Southern NE. Obviously a pretty good widespread snowfall regardless. We'd like to see mid levels improve back to what they were about a day ago to really cash in on big amounts. That capture and crawl off the coast of Sne isn't there overnight. 

I agree...I think the capture and crawl scenario has crawled away. We need to hope that wave can close off faster on it's own, which is possible. 

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah overnight runs really take away that trailing shortwave interaction. So that will put a cap on the thing’s potential. 

Still can’t complain though about a solid warning snowfall. 

6-12" still on the table for many, a major impact snowfall. Not historic, but stuff it if you're disappointed. Still a period of time here where we can trend snowier. We'll see what happens.