• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wind headlines coming soon for everyone here for gusts 40-60. 

If someone has access to the gusts predicts on the Nam or Euro, would be great if they could let us know what it says...I understand you cannot post the actual panel.  @Blizzard of 93?  Here is what I am referring to on Pivotal but guessing it is similar on other sites.

image.thumb.png.150c9f97cfa0cda74fd3799ac0d44b98.png

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If someone has access to the gusts predicts on the Nam or Euro, would be great if they could let us know what it says...I understand you cannot post the actual panel.  @Blizzard of 93?  Here is what I am referring to on Pivotal but guessing it is similar on other sites.

image.thumb.png.150c9f97cfa0cda74fd3799ac0d44b98.png

I  use Windy https://www.windy.com/-Wind-gusts-gust?gust,2022122400,40.647,-77.028,10,m:eMRad03

The HRRR has the front/temp drop through much of LSV before 7AM Fri.  Temps are already below freezing from slightly west of MDT and back at that point   Not much of a flash freeze though.  Rain had stopped before midnight for the most part.  Guess some roads could still be wet but 6-8 hours of drying time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

GFS still around 3" backend snow:

Here is the money panel from the 6z GFS.  It's the time of year that we wanna believe, so here you go....believe away (especially us in the LSV.  This is your path to a white christmas, and IF it verifies will really impress me

gfs_asnow24_neus_9.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Seems we can punt everything after Sunday into mid to late January, at the minimum. 

Punt could always get shanked - hey, sometimes we lose in great patterns and sometimes we win when the pattern might suggest we shouldn't. I'm certainly not closing the door for that amount of time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Seems we can punt everything after Sunday into mid to late January, at the minimum. 

Ens guidance as I suggested a bit ago flip flops the blues n reds, but its a broad trough that both the EPS and GEPS at 10 days is centered in the central basin, so while not great...not horrid either IMO.  Gotta hope prime climo can help in surprising us tho

eps_z500a_namer_48.png

6 minutes ago, Newman said:

The FV3 would be one potent squall with the frontal passage.

Its pretty cool to see this still holding as we've basically been seeing this for the last 5ish days on most guidance (as well as the locked in cutter look).  Although not what we want, it should give faith in the models having a clue once in a while ;)

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Punt could always get shanked - hey, sometimes we lose in great patterns and sometimes we win when the pattern might suggest we shouldn't. I'm certainly not closing the door for that amount of time. 

Totally agree.  No incoming TORCH is being advertised.  Relaxation sure, but wonky things can happen in what lies ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks @CarlislePaWx, I was curious to see if at least one model was showing plus 50 for the gusts.  Windy but not crazy windy compared to the last few years.   I do not have any subscriptions to model sites and none of the ones I used let me see the gust panels. 

No Prob.  I never cancelled my monthly subs back in May and just let it keep going.  They've got a flash sale going on right now for an annual sub 20% off $99, so $79 for a year.  That will save me $40 over 12 monthly payments.

The regular and hi res Euro don't provide 10M winds at all, which was quite surprising.  

Hi res NAM just finished running so here's it's pre and post max gusts:

PRE:

sfcgust_mph.us_ne.png

POST:  (Every hourly panel after this one has max gusts in the 30's)

sfcgust_mph.us_ne.png

• Like 3