• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Nerd alert! I have as well - the other James Spann coverage I watch a lot is from March 1993. Birmingham got 14" from the Superstorm. 
There's some level of truth there. I suck at TV. My attention span is minimal at-best and very little interests me outside of sporting events. I couldn't care less about Squid Olympics or Stranger Games or whatever, so when I'm working, I "listenwatch" weather documentaries (Lifetime TV movie about Hurricane Andrew), storm coverage for various locations, EAS Disaster scenario videos, etc.

I also tend to watch those documents on their anniversaries.

The other day I was watching Ryan Hall on my TV in the living room and my 10-month-old was in his walker, strolled in the room, saw the TV and watched. Hooked another one.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

There's some level of truth there. I suck at TV. My attention span is minimal at-best and very little interests me outside of sporting events. I couldn't care less about Squid Olympics or Stranger Games or whatever, so when I'm working, I "listenwatch" weather documentaries (Lifetime TV movie about Hurricane Andrew), storm coverage for various locations, EAS Disaster scenario videos, etc.

I also tend to watch those documents on their anniversaries.

The other day I was watching Ryan Hall on my TV in the living room and my 10-month-old was in his walker, strolled in the room, saw the TV and watched. Hooked another one.

I'm very much the same. My TV package includes 250 or so channels, of which I don't think I've ever watched about 240. 

I spend hours watching old Weather Channel videos of blizzards, 'canes, 'nados, etc. I'm not sure if I'm more obsessed with sports or weather. I can't get enough of either. 

Oh, and House. Gregory House. Dude is my hero. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nerd alert! I have as well - the other James Spann coverage I watch a lot is from March 1993. Birmingham got 14" from the Superstorm. 

There's an old nat geo documentary about the superstorm that I liked to watch. It showed the various aspects of it including some kids trapped in the mountain. It looks like it was removed from youtube unfortunately. You can still buy it on VHS!!

• Like 1

There's an old nat geo documentary about the superstorm that I liked to watch. It showed the various aspects of it including some kids trapped in the mountain. It looks like it was removed from youtube unfortunately. You can still buy it on VHS!!
You may be the last person on earth with a VCR. Even Borat threw his at his neighbor, Nursultan Tulyakbay, who fed it to his pet bear because it was a dead technology.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

You may be the last person on earth with a VCR. Even Borat threw his at his neighbor, Nursultan Tulyakbay, who fed it to his pet bear because it was a dead technology.

Lmao I don't own a VCR. I was just saying that's the only way I can find to watch it anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Hey hold up here a sec - I think I can still find a few of my old 8 Tracks down in the basement...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Geez Roger Smith in the NYC forum punted all of January and said not a chance until Feb 4-5. And that is likely very short before another warmup. That’s bad. NYC night set the record for most consecutive days without snowfall in Central Park. 

I thought...I saw that Walt Drag said the same thing? Or maybe Rog said it in Walt's thread?

Roger Smith punting snow is akin to Blizz punting snow. 

Now, the sh*t's getting real. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought...I saw that Walt Drag said the same thing? Or maybe Rog said it in Walt's thread?

Roger Smith punting snow is akin to Blizz punting snow. 

Now, the sh*t's getting real. 

If he really said "not a chance",  his punt may be karma to get us snow.    Blizz is never punting IMO.  4th and 24 on his own 3 and he is still going for it.   Hope for a pass interference. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If he really said "not a chance",  his punt may be karma to get us snow.    Blizz is never punting IMO.  4th and 24 on his own 3 and he is still going for it. 

I had a private conversation with Blizz last night - I basically told him "you need to punt this winter away for your own good"...he's a hard-headed guy, that Blizz is...here's what happened:

• Haha 1