• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I big 'ol Trace here, and the only reason I can even call it that is because of a few stray flakes I saw lying on one side of the roof; otherwise, no evidence of anything anywhere. 

I was wondering about how you made out-there was/is NOTHING visible my entire route this morning along the river south of Rt. 30...there are still areas in SW Lanco that are shutout for the season. Even up here on the hill at work...nada. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was wondering about how you made out-there was/is NOTHING visible my entire route this morning along the river south of Rt. 30...there are still areas in SW Lanco that are shutout for the season. Even up here on the hill at work...nada. 

Yeah it's been slim pickings around these parts for sure.  Perusing the models doesn't offer much hope either.  A robust .1" of seasonal snowfall for me thus far, and that may be generous.  Aye.

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it's been slim pickings around these parts for sure.  Perusing the models doesn't offer much hope either.  A robust .1" of seasonal snowfall for me thus far, and that may be generous.  Aye.

Usually when the Sierra is getting blasted it's just the opposite on the east coast. 

And holy cow, is the Sierra getting the goods...

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

What are the chances of this happening?  1%?  Less?  But when almost every other piece of normal guidance shows a neat shut out, I am posting.  LOL

Oh I understand completely - I just had to laugh given I had just posted about parts of Lanco being still shut out on the season, and the first map to follow was...well, more of the same. In an extreme fashion. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paweather said:

So we have another 10-14 days now. I'm going to go out and freeze a snowball in my freezer for remembrance. 

Here you go - forecast is for 31-37" of new snow during the daylight hours today - and it's supposed to snow through tomorrow night...

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/the-village

By the end of the day, they'll be at about 300" for the season. On January 9th. 

• Like 1

LOL.  Go look at the 12z CMC.  It's going "coastal" on us.

I dont go there but once in a blue moon, but I'm sure the MA forum is in "pants tent" mode.

Pops a secondary and crawls up the coast.  GFS hints at the same w/ secondary pop, but maintains a more progressive look and scoots up and out.

Interesting...we've got nothing better to look at (other than those that got their 1" today).

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Here you go - forecast is for 31-37" of new snow during the daylight hours today - and it's supposed to snow through tomorrow night...

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/the-village

By the end of the day, they'll be at about 300" for the season. On January 9th. 

Thanks! Unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

LOL.  Go look at the 12z CMC.  It's going "coastal" on us.

I dont go there but once in a blue moon, but I'm sure the MA forum is in "pants tent" mode.

Pops a secondary and crawls up the coast.  GFS hints at the same w/ secondary pop, but maintains a more progressive look and scoots up and out.

Interesting...we've got nothing better to look at (other than those that got their 1" today).

Good catch. 

also from 168 thru 216 GFS  has a retrograding SLP heading our way from Bermuda.  500 map is one wonky looking deal, but that is one big storm as 500's show 6 countour closed slp.  Maybe thats our regime changer....Had to look at the dates a couple times to make sure I wasnt day drunk.  Nothing else seems to be working...so....why not?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It seems likely that MDT will not report 2" of snow for this AM so we are still running behind the pace of the 19-20 winter when MDT was at 3.9" as of now.  MDT will be 2"+ whatever they report today. 

I'll be surprised if they report more than a T - I saw no visible signs of snow along the river route this morning. 

• Like 1