• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Low made it as far north as the Ohio River - a little too far north for the southern tier. A shunt just a little farther south would have made almost all of us happy. (2nd storm)

I just posted that Lanco is all snow at 159.  Snow map a bit off.  But I agree it is way too far north to take this depiction to Hart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Overall, I truly thought trends suggested this was going to be a real HH for the GFS but was way off....HH, farm show week, etc....no longer work.  

GFS wasn’t super far off from 12z (it’s 12z run and vs Euro) in terms of its coastal track, which came a little bit further inside at 18z. It still should have hung decent snow on central/western PA on that track. The big difference was thermals. Notably warmer aloft preceding the event than the Euro, which may have to do with it holding more of a surface reflection west of the Apps coming up and pushing just enough of a warm nose into all of southern PA to make it messy and delay a changeover back to snow as the column cools with the deepening coastal low. It is an important thing to consider with this system, as we won’t have much surface high support and will be relying more on where the gradient is and the developing coastal low to eventually start pulling favorable thermals back toward itself as it quickly comes up the coast. These are the details to get sorted out the next couple days but I’m sure it’ll take getting into NAM/HuRRR range to really get some kind of good handle. 

Big thing for now is at least the GFS continues to develop the decent coastal low getting to the Delmarva region. This had about been the only model that consistently wasn’t doing that (keeping primary west of the Apps to the Lower Lakes) the last few days until today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2