• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mid - Atlantic Observations/Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

That's pretty much every Thanksgiving it seems. I think last year it might have been sunny though.

I don't remember last Thanksgiving here lol. I think either 1-2 Thanksgivings ago a massive cold front came through around when we were sitting down for dinner and temps went from 60s/maybe 70 to like 40.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some snow blowing around in western Md and WV this morning. Even as far east at MRB some flakes were observed.

Keysers ridge has a nice coating on the ground now

highest wind gust here so far is 38mph, just shy of tropical storm force

The 12Z gfs gies us a dusting as a vort shears though on the 5th (I think it was the 5th). Not the kind of clipper to do much and one in which the vort has to stay to our south as it comes east. After our rains coming with the next strong front, the pattern looks pretty dry.

looks like it'll be close to missing a freeze tonight at national... need freeze-less through monday to tie record with 1980. since it was 33 last night im not sure how they miss it tonight though.. prob 31/32

Yup, it's the clouds. Gott'a be the clouds keeping DCA warm. ;-)

Only 34 here, but in my case I think it's the heated air leaking out of my drafty doors that's keeping us warm.

i figured tonight would be the night but still 38 and mostly cloudy with decent west wind. since it was 33 last night i'd still think we make it but i dunno now.. still think on track for 31/32

That place it amazing- it just doesn't get below freezing there. Regional weenies should start a petition for the NWS to move the official observing station back into the city. lol.

it definitely becomes apparent that it's a small microclimate by this point... im pretty sure everyone else has been at or below freezing by now in the immediate area.

Archived