Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,178
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Fdre1234
    Newest Member
    Fdre1234
    Joined

Central PA Fall 2022


Recommended Posts

Chick-fil-A sucks. You can air fry waffle fries and chicken patties and save yourself the hassle of waiting in line for hours.

"But it's the lord's food." And yet it wasn't on the menu at the Last Supper. Nor does one take it when they receive the eucharist. That tells me everything I need to know about where Jesus stands on chicken.

I once received the eucharist and was given a hush puppy from Long John Silver's. I don't think there's a one of them left. Yet the queue for Chick-fil-A is often miles in length. Nobody listens to Jesus.

Y'all heathens need Jesus.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

Chick-fil-A sucks. You can air fry waffle fries and chicken patties and save yourself the hassle of waiting in line for hours.

"But it's the lord's food." And yet it wasn't on the menu at the Last Supper. Nor does one take it when they receive the eucharist. That tells me everything I need to know about where Jesus stands on chicken.

I once received the eucharist and was given a hush puppy from Long John Silver's. I don't think there's a one of them left. Yet the queue for Chick-fil-A is often miles in length. Nobody listens to Jesus.

Y'all heathens need Jesus.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
 

Now we're talkin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was absent from this forum for about a week due to the fact my wife and I attended Blue Ridge Rock Festival in Alto, Va. A 4 day event. Daily schedule leave hotel every morning at 9am for the fest and get back at midnight or later every night. At the end of day 3 you are tired for day 4. That kind of schedule doesn't give much time for anything else. Next week we repeat it again this time in Louisville Kentucky for Louder Than Life another 4 day festival. with a very similar schedule. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was absent from this forum for about a week due to the fact my wife and I attended Blue Ridge Rock Festival in Alto, Va. A 4 day event. Daily schedule leave hotel every morning at 9am for the fest and get back at midnight or later every night. At the end of day 3 you are tired for day 4. That kind of schedule doesn't give much time for anything else. Next week we repeat it again this time in Louisville Kentucky for Louder Than Life another 4 day festival. with a very similar schedule. 
Just looked at the lineup for Louder than Life. What a diverse plethora of music.

I'd murder somebody during Lamb of God. And it's okay to murder someone during Lamb of God. That is where you go to do those things.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Just looked at the lineup for Louder than Life. What a diverse plethora of music.

I'd murder somebody during Lamb of God. And it's okay to murder someone during Lamb of God. That is where you go to do those things.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
 

Lamb of God was at Blue ridge too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I will say that there was flash flooding in parts of Lancaster county - a gauge about a mile from work yesterday evening recorded 3.97" of rain in 90 minutes. A few office associates had to find alternate routes home from work last evening. 

Yea, I was kidding and joining in on the no rain in the north hate train.  Always hard to have something apply to everyone uniformly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, finished today with .19" here and a couple hundredths of that came just after midnight.

I got .16" and I start my weather day around 6am, so once we subtract out the couple hundredths you got after midnight, I reckon we were about spot on.  Three-day total of .95" for me, 3.93" for the month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanted to mention that my buddies and I are taking our annual Penn State road trip this week -- heading out for Auburn Thursday night.  It's our first time to SEC country so we're pretty pumped.  The good guys are 12-2 on the these trips so naturally we are bringing them some good mojo ha.  Weather looks absolutely perfect.  Can't wait! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wanted to mention that my buddies and I are taking our annual Penn State road trip this week -- heading out for Auburn Thursday night.  It's out first time to SEC country so we're pretty pumped.  The good guys are 12-2 on the these trips so naturally we are bringing them some good mojo ha.  Weather looks absolutely perfect.  Can't wait! 

Going to be a good game! Have fun. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wanted to mention that my buddies and I are taking our annual Penn State road trip this week -- heading out for Auburn Thursday night.  It's out first time to SEC country so we're pretty pumped.  The good guys are 12-2 on the these trips so naturally we are bringing them some good mojo ha.  Weather looks absolutely perfect.  Can't wait! 

Jordan Hare Stadium! Have fun, my friend. I've been reading a lot the past several days from some of the Alabama news outlets and the Tigers have had this game circled on their calendars since last fall. PSU is going to have to play mistake free and probably turn the Tigers over a few times to come away with the win. Sounds like Auburn wants the Lions about as bad as they want the Crimson Tide...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Jordan Hare Stadium! Have fun, my friend. I've been reading a lot the past several days from some of the Alabama news outlets and the Tigers have had this game circled on their calendars since last fall. PSU is going to have to play mistake free and probably turn the Tigers over a few times to come away with the win. Sounds like Auburn wants the Lions about as bad as they want the Crimson Tide...

Love to hear it.  Bring it on!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I was kidding and joining in on the no rain in the north hate train.  Always hard to have something apply to everyone uniformly.  

Yes, big difference between say a Winter Storm Watch and Flash Flood Watch. Much more likely to have a blanket area receive snowfall vs. heavy rains - for the vast majority of us, we saw little in the way of rain yesterday causing us to cry out "why?" for the FFW...but there were a few areas that the watch was totally warranted. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, big difference between say a Winter Storm Watch and Flash Flood Watch. Much more likely to have a blanket area receive snowfall vs. heavy rains - for the vast majority of us, we saw little in the way of rain yesterday causing us to cry out "why?" for the FFW...but there were a few areas that the watch was totally warranted. 

I will add that one of my comments was serious...when there is a flood watch for an area and it does not rain at all...that is a bit of a miss if the area is large enough.  But yea, a flood watch does not mean it is definitely going to flood. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I will add that one of my comments was serious...when there is a flood watch for an area and it does not rain at all...that is a bit of a miss if the area is large enough.  But yea, a flood watch does not mean it is definitely going to flood. 

To add to this, no watch for any event, be it winter storm, tornado, severe thunderstorm, etc, means it's definitely going to happen. I think many of us get caught up in the "hype" and then get disappointed when it doesn't end up happening.

I know that I am BIG TIME guilty of this myself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Watches verified in York and Lancaster Counties.

I thought those were the only counties under the FFW.

I didn’t know they were expanded.


.

I actually did not look but was told (outside this forum) that all the LSV was in the watch.  That may have been wrong?   I thought I received a note on my phone about being in the watch here in Franklin as well? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Watches verified in York and Lancaster Counties.

I thought those were the only counties under the FFW.

I didn’t know they were expanded.


.

 

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I actually did not look but was told (outside this forum) that all the LSV was in the watch.  That may have been wrong?   I thought I received a note on my phone about being in the watch here in Franklin as well? 

I looked at CTP's watches when I left work at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it was still only York and Lancaster at that point. If other counties were added it happened as the rain was moving out. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

 

I looked at CTP's watches when I left work at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it was still only York and Lancaster at that point. If other counties were added it happened as the rain was moving out. LOL

Interesting.  I had a weather alert on my phone that said I was under a watch.  We actually got 3/4" of rain so it was not too far off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...