Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

24 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Total rain failure in Marysville today!

Super frustrating….especially with seeing heavy rain just a few miles away in Summerdale.

My official Marysville total today is 0.00000

Geez. You no rain, New Cumberland no rain just shows how narrow it wss. My gauge was out but my neighbor got .18” today. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

CXY reports 0” as does my boss in New Cumberland. 

Maybe MDT was on the other side of the house during a tropical downpour.   There are some low reports North of MDT but check these out below.  Cannot speak for New Cumberland but I had a spotter report of .38 in Camp Hill and .9 just north of Harrisburg in Susq. Twp.    These cells suck the life out of those that just miss.   Listing these Wunderground reports since that was used as an example earlier this week. 

image.png.18f154c161f56f531966a62f35699e16.png

image.png.91359a5d0db462f0c2c733dd16187ba7.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

.12 officially here.  Not much.  

The radar around Marysville looked like good rainfall should have taken place around 3 pm.

I drove up 11/15 from Summerdale where it was absolutely pouring, but by the time I got into Marysville a few minutes later, there was nothing. I was shocked because the radar looked fairly impressive at the time over my yard, but it did not produce.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The radar around Marysville looked like good rainfall should have taken place around 3 pm.

I drove up 11/15 from Summerdale where it was absolutely pouring, but by the time I got into Marysville a few minutes later, there was nothing. I was shocked because the radar looked fairly impressive at the time over my yard, but it did not produce.

I watched some of the cells just disintegrate.  Sorry you got screwed. 

56 degrees this morning. 

We picked up 0.15” with the storms last night. About a mile down the road they had 0.34”.  The rainfall has definitely been hit and miss.

River sure could use some rain.

My one boat ramp is built out of cement blocks for the ramp. Normal summer usually 7-8 blocks showing. This year 16 showing.

” Blocks 12x12 8’ long”

Voyager your just a weather magnet  :lol:

6BC0B98C-DFAF-4576-BA0B-C2E75E9394B5.png

• Haha 1

It has become very dry here with no rain since early last week. And that was .60 total for the 2 days. I thought that was a trend when I got rain here that the pattern was changing. But I guess I was wrong. The farmers are really suffering with crop losses and yields. Not to bring politics into this but I seen on Tv that farmers are now being called racist for raising cattle and not following the climate agenda. Have these people forgot if it wasn't for the farmers we wouldn't be able to eat. Anyway the Tile layers forecast: 

WN_7-day.jpg

29 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It has become very dry here with no rain since early last week. And that was .60 total for the 2 days. I thought that was a trend when I got rain here that the pattern was changing. But I guess I was wrong. The farmers are really suffering with crop losses and yields. Not to bring politics into this but I seen on Tv that farmers are now being called racist for raising cattle and not following the climate agenda. Have these people forgot if it wasn't for the farmers we wouldn't be able to eat. Anyway the Tile layers forecast: 

WN_7-day.jpg

Hopefully the next wetter period, starting Sunday (maybe Sat) produces better for you. 

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 59 and .28" from the storms yesterday.  A week ago we were running 5.4 degrees above average for the month; today we sit 2.8 above.  I'm thinking we'll finish somewhere around 3ish above, which should slide us into a top ten type August.  Carry on.

I'll match you with a low of 59, but you solidly win yesterday's rainfall derby as I recorded .16"

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tropical wise...carry on and enjoy your Vaca, Training.  Looks to me that models are punting into Sept now.

image.thumb.png.930359617266c56802b92acedf6bc13a.png

Good news. I hope it holds...my wife is getting a little anxious. (she has no idea that I sort of was as well) I'm the one who thought cruising in the open Atlantic at the end of August was a good idea. LOL

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good news. I hope it holds...my wife is getting a little anxious. (she has no idea that I sort of was as well) I'm the one who thought cruising in the open Atlantic at the end of August was a good idea. LOL

Lots of dry saharan air in the atlantic.  Im not expecting any activity until October.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Lots of dry saharan air in the atlantic.  Im not expecting any activity until October.

If that comes to fruition,  the boo birds will be out.  There is an article in a Florida newspaper about how Hurricane season is ramping up earlier and earlier.  They printed it one year late. 

Average temp (high and low) over here so far in August has been about 71 putting us as a departure of about 5 below normal for Aug using MDT's normal.  Both lows and highs have been below average most days.  Most likely one of the coolest Augusts ever.    I will concede that we probably average a bit lower each month than MDT but not to this level.  I confirmed these numbers with Cashtown who had similar results. 

As a compare, last August I was running neck and neck with MDT's numbers as I have other summers here.  This is the closest to a "summer with no summer" that I have ever experienced with only 5 days 90 or above and that number may hold for the final tally. 

Average temp (high and low) over here so far in August has been about 71 putting us as a departure of about 5 below normal for Aug using MDT's normal.  Both lows and highs have been below average most days.  Most likely one of the coolest Augusts ever.    I will concede that we probably average a bit lower each month than MDT but not to this level.  I confirmed these numbers with Cashtown who had similar results. 
As a compare, last August I was running neck and neck with MDT's numbers as I have most other summers here.  This is the closest to a "summer with no summer" that I have ever experienced with only 5 days 90 or above and that number may hold for the final tally. 

What is your elevation?

21 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

What is your elevation?

800' but this is my 4th summer here and we usually are within a degree or two of MDT's numbers for that year (average).  Last August at this point we were banging an average temp HIGHER than MDT's numbers due to less rain/clouds and had close to 30 days of 90 or above just like MDT.   The HIA has been extreme this year.   We are 4 degrees lower on average than the last 3 Augusts here at this point so this has been a one time event.   I remember doing daily posts last summer how we were pushing 90 by lunch over and over.   Elevation is definitely playing a part as HGR is not as extreme to the cool as I am but something has been up this summer in the LSV HIA area.   Like I said before, should MDT be   warmer than Dulles? The heat in the urban areas has really stood out this summer. 

Last year Dulles and MDT were  .1 different so basically the same.  This year Dulles is 1.6 degrees cooler than MDT!  Hard to think it is just clouds and rain being the difference over almost 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 59 and .28" from the storms yesterday.  A week ago we were running 5.4 degrees above average for the month; today we sit 2.8 above.  I'm thinking we'll finish somewhere around 3ish above, which should slide us into a top ten type August.  Carry on.

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

As a compare, last August I was running neck and neck with MDT's numbers as I have other summers here.  This is the closest to a "summer with no summer" that I have ever experienced with only 5 days 90 or above and that number may hold for the final tally. 

2 fascinating posts - for one area it's a top 10 month for heat, while the other is one of the coolest Augusts ever.

Crazy!