• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the first and last thing they teach in public met school.  Range, range, range.  LOL.   4-8" snow?  Not enough.  Go 4-10! 

2009-10 was the winter of last minute north trends but razor sharp cutoffs in snow totals. Of the 3 big dog storms (12/18, 2/5 and 2/10) I was fortunate to be inside the snow zone for all 3. Well, the December storm was really supposed to be a mid-atlantic special in the days leading up to the event. It wasn't until the final 36-48 hours that it seemed certain the southern tier would get anything of significance. At any rate...there was a local met (name withheld) who put out a forecast before the storm for 0-24" across Lanco. That later got refined; obviously, but in 56 years I've never seen a snowfall accumulation prediction quite like that one. 

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2009-10 was the winter of last minute north trends but razor sharp cutoffs in snow totals. Of the 3 big dog storms (12/18, 2/5 and 2/10) I was fortunate to be inside the snow zone for all 3. Well, the December storm was really supposed to be a mid-atlantic special in the days leading up to the event. It wasn't until the final 36-48 hours that it seemed certain the southern tier would get anything of significance. At any rate...there was a local met (name withheld) who put out a forecast before the storm for 0-24" across Lanco. That later got refined; obviously, but in 56 years I've never seen a snowfall accumulation prediction quite like that one. 

Chuck Rhodes listened well in school! 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP doesn’t mention rain at all today in my grid. 30% tmrw afternoon. 

87 at 1 pm

Yea, I am just going by the atmosphere and models.  It has actually already rained here but just a T so I did not say anything.    Getting rain on Mostly Sunny zones has been fairly normal this year.   The cell that came by here (I am up in N Franklin right now) is moving up into Cumberland right now. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

You 90's guys keeping count, did you notice that 35 is the tops for MDT so that is your goal I guess.  MDT only has 22 this Summer counting today.  That is another question, are you counting summer or year?  MDT's numbers and records are for summer. 

I don't say it every time I reach 90, but I've said many times that my count is for 2022 and not just for the summer. 

Speaking of which...it's 90 on the button! Today is #29 for the year. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You 90's guys keeping count, did you notice that 35 is the tops for MDT so that is your goal I guess.  MDT only has 22 this Summer counting today.  That is another question, are you counting summer or year?  MDT's numbers and records are for summer. 

Year. Had a few in May