• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

no I have to get a pic where my accurite weatherstation is placed. everytime I try to get a pic from my phone to this website it says its too large and wont submit it.

It’s the most annoying thing about this site.  As to your thermo, I have long wondered if it’s getting too much direct sun exposure. Just seems to be odd to consistently be at least a few degrees higher than anyone else, even as you are farther north, more rural, and similar elevation. I say that knowing you have your own little microclimate going on so not ruling anything out, but it’s all too common for some stations to just read a little high when in the sun. 

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It’s the most annoying thing about this site.  As to your thermo, I have long wondered if it’s getting too much direct sun exposure. Just seems to be odd to consistently be at least a few degrees higher than anyone else, even as you are farther north, more rural, and similar elevation. I say that knowing you have your own little microclimate going on so not ruling anything out, but it’s all too common for some stations to just read a little high when in the sun. 

It could be getting too much sun. That unit has a solar powered fan (it does work as I can hear the fan running) that SUPPOSED to circulate the air so it does read accurate. I'm almost sure I have a little micro climate here in the summer. But winter not at all as it can get cold sometimes very cold.

I've come to realize that it's not the Tamaqua Split, it's the VOYAGER SPLIT.

Severe storms to my northwest this afternoon weakened and died and reformed over Central and South Phoenix.

It's not the location that kills the storms, it's the weather geek that kills 'em.

:lightning:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain just stopped- .22" in the bucket. 

Given forecast and model trends yesterday, I'll gladly accept. :) 

Same here, pleasantly surprised.

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Closing in on 2" estimated S/E of Lancaster City. 

I was looking at some on-the-ground reports from that area of highest radar estimates and couldn't find anything more than like the .3-.5" range.

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Same here, pleasantly surprised.

I was looking at some on-the-ground reports from that area of highest radar estimates and couldn't find anything more than like the .3-.5" range.

South and South East of Lancaster had two rain+ lines move through that both dumped  .5 to 1" each per estimated.   Looking at the radar review (forgetting estimated and just looking at the live radar) the .3 to .5" would have to be too low imo but maybe some massive virga?   Estimated had you between .15 and .3 depending on side of town for Mt Joy. 

image.png.d99870e56f7b6b38ca7b935c89b7d240.png

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

South and South East of Lancaster had two rain+ lines move through that both dumped  .5 to 1" each per estimated.   Looking at the radar review (forgetting estimated and just looking at the live radar) the .3 to .5" would have to be too low imo but maybe some massive virga?   Estimated had you between .15 and .3 depending on side of town for Mt Joy. 

image.png.d99870e56f7b6b38ca7b935c89b7d240.png

Living on the north end of Maytown...gotta love where that yellow area ends. LOL