• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

Light, northeasterly winds will continue to filter drier air into southern PA today. As a result, we’ll see a partly sunny Tuesday with low humidity & highs in the low-to-mid 80s areawide. Quite a nice change from Monday’s clouds, morning rain, & cool conditions (western areas).

There's very little in the way of cloud cover here at work at least. Perfect 10 kind of day. 

Just now, paweather said:

While we briefly talk about sports those O's are right in the thick of things with the playoffs. They were talking about this on sports center last night. 

They are 2-4 since "my post" - but they've already won 8 more games than they did all of last year, and it's the middle of August. Remarkable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Light, northeasterly winds will continue to filter drier air into southern PA today. As a result, we’ll see a partly sunny Tuesday with low humidity & highs in the low-to-mid 80s areawide. Quite a nice change from Monday’s clouds, morning rain, & cool conditions (western areas).

There's very little in the way of cloud cover here at work at least. Perfect 10 kind of day. 

It is pretty cloudy here but high clouds.  HRRR still suggesting showers this afternoon but keeps moving them a bit North and West AND some too far east of you.  Tomorrow the Eastern LSV gets back into the cyclonic flow of the SLP pushing into New England so a better chance. 

image.png.7d829ee6cf419d40b7231afed62afe04.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Texas hosts Alabama Sept 10 for a 11 a.m. (local) kick. It'll be a good 115 degrees at least on the field at DRK. 

I used to see friends come back from games at the Swamp in Sept (Florida) and it was not good.   They looked like they had been running a marathon in the sun.  There are always dozens of medical emergencies during those games. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What now?  You know where it is located.  Where you used to go to your Flyer away games. 

If you look up Fed Ex Field, Wikipedia lists one town for the stadium, another town for the parking lot, and then a 3rd town when you actually open the article and read about where the stadium is located. 

Stadium address: North Englewood MD

Parking lot: Landover MD

Stadium location: Summerfield MD

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If you look up Fed Ex Field, Wikipedia lists one town for the stadium, another town for the parking lot, and then a 3rd town when you actually open the article and read about where the stadium is located. 

Stadium address: North Englewood MD

Parking lot: Landover MD

Stadium location: Summerfield MD

I do not know specifics but it was generally built on and around the site of the old Capital Centre.  The Channel you cheer for...Home Team Sports. 

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm gonna be in northern Wisconsin late next week. @Bubbler86 might looking at some LR stuff and letting me know what might be in store late next week/weekend for upper WI and around Minneapolis? 

Boy, if we take what the GFS says it might be the opposite as to real weather.  Big picture....a fairly moderate upper air pattern is being replaced by a trough at that point.    

image.thumb.png.1ec55782f4711444e557387de043beac.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not know specifics but it was generally built on and around the site of the old Capital Centre.  The Channel you cheer for...Home Team Sports. 

Yeah, I know that. I was just poking fun at the stadium that is despised by so many for so many reasons...I didn't realize until today that it was located in 3 different towns. LOL

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Boy, if we take what the GFS says it might be the opposite as to real weather.  Big picture....a fairly moderate upper air pattern is being replaced by a trough at that point.    

image.thumb.png.1ec55782f4711444e557387de043beac.png

Supposed to catch the Sox v Twins that Monday night - hope it doesn't rain! 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maybe Carpet Mart would feel more secure in making a call on that that Longer Ranger?   Sox better pick up a few games before then to make that game meaningful. 

Oh Boston isn't making any playoffs. The Twins are starting to swoon too. Just hope for a good game, never been to Target Field. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh Boston isn't making any playoffs. The Twins are starting to swoon too. Just hope for a good game, never been to Target Field. 

I know it's "trendy" to dismiss the Red Sox but they're very much alive for the WC. One streak and they're right in the thick of it. And they're capable of doing that. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would not count them out yet.  The Royals series was a big blow but if they are within 2-3 games in the final two weeks, they have a shot. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I know it's "trendy" to dismiss the Red Sox but they're very much alive for the WC. One streak and they're right in the thick of it. And they're capable of doing that. 

• Like 1