Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,128
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

Central PA Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Suddenly, itstrainingtime week in Maytown. Over 3.5" of rain and counting.

Stunning. We are like 5 miles apart as the crow flies and I ended with .01”. Completely surrounded for a good portion of last evening but just couldn’t cash in. Got to love summertime convection and the winners and losers it creates. A low of 71 here — the air is thick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

75/71 at 9. Headed to Philly for the day for my bday - I asked for a snowstorm. Don’t think I get it. 

Happy Birthday.  Philly might not have a snowstorm for you but if you look hard enough (not really hard) I bet you can find some snow blowers cleaning up some white stuff from Colombia.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Happy Birthday.  Philly might not have a snowstorm for you but if you look hard enough (not really hard) I bet you can find some snow blowers cleaning up some white stuff from Colombia.  

Winter storm warning in parts of northern Alaska. That’s gotta be rare in early August even for there.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Stunning. We are like 5 miles apart as the crow flies and I ended with .01”. Completely surrounded for a good portion of last evening but just couldn’t cash in. Got to love summertime convection and the winners and losers it creates. A low of 71 here — the air is thick. 

I thought maybe you would catch part of the storm that went through around 8pm. I was coming home from Mountville on 30 and drove out of the rain on my side of Chickies. That had to be a close miss for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TimB said:

Winter storm warning in parts of northern Alaska. That’s gotta be rare in early August even for there.

Awesome!

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Fairbanks AK
446 AM AKDT Sat Aug 6 2022

AKZ206-070100-
/O.CON.PAFG.WS.W.0009.000000T0000Z-220807T1200Z/
Northeastern Brooks Range-
Including Anaktuvuk Pass, Atigun Pass, Galbraith Lake, Sagwon,
and Franklin Bluffs
446 AM AKDT Sat Aug 6 2022

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM AKDT
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow occurring. Plan on difficult travel
  conditions. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches are
  expected above 3000 feet, with 1 to 3 inches from 2000 to 3000
  feet.

* WHERE...Northeastern Brooks Range above 2000 feet.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM Sunday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow will continue through tonight before
  tapering off early Sunday. Snow will be heavy at times with low
  visibility. This will make travel on the Dalton Highway over
  Atigun Pass difficult from late through tonight.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...