• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

So unofficially (loose records) , last Summer counting June, Jul,  Aug through the 8th,  Rouzerville had hit 90 or higher, 14 times and stayed 70 or above at night a stunning 18 times by this point.  This summer?  90 and over just 4 times and 70 or above, for lows, just twice.  We ended the summer with 30 nights of 70 or over last summer after a crazy second half of August.     We seem destined to not even break 5 this summer.

FYI, last August  MDT stayed at 70 or high, for lows, 21 out of the 31 Aug days including 13 in a row. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got 20 days until I leave for Bermuda. Come back and it'll be Labor Day weekend. With that comes football and a ramp up of other fall activities. Even though it might very well be hot...my goal is to get through the next 3 weeks, come back and start thinking about Blizz's first snow map of the season. That always puts a smile on my face. :unsure: LOL

Enjoy Bermuda…hopefully the Hurricane season stays quiet for you!

Fall is right around the corner.

I will be posting 16 day ensemble snow maps for everyone before we know it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

my low was 79.

Last night at 8 it was still in the high 80s and humid as *@#* we had a call at a local garden apartment complex. Lady sitting in her apt and the entire drywall ceiling collapsed. F-ing blown in insulation was feet thick on the floor. Imagine sweating like a pig, the insulation particles just stuck, went up under the pants of our gear, down our backs etc. 3 showers later, i still itch :blink:

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Normal is 67.  They also had a double digit departure low on Jun 1 and maybe a couple more but did not see a lot of them.   Most of the recent highs have been under double digit. 

Yes. I think we'd need to be pulling off 98 or above highs to get double digits. It's the night time lows and high dews that are noteworthy of late. 

My mother...well, I'm not much like her. She has always loved the heat. She can't get enough of it. She called me last evening and asked when this was going to end. I thought that was interesting. 

So many people around me who are "summer fanatics" have been complaining as of late. It really is something to read your posts/comments and realize how different the weather is from the 'Ville to our area. 

23 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

my low was 79.

Last night at 8 it was still in the high 80s and humid as *@#* we had a call at a local garden apartment complex. Lady sitting in her apt and the entire drywall ceiling collapsed. F-ing blown in insulation was feet thick on the floor. Imagine sweating like a pig, the insulation particles just stuck, went up under the pants of our gear, down our backs etc. 3 showers later, i still itch :blink:

Geez, that sucks Jon. 

More than anything else, it's been the evenings that have been awful over our way. 88-90 degrees with 70+ dews at 8pm...I've had enough. And I'm not dealing with the sh*t that you have to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes. I think we'd need to be pulling off 98 or above highs to get double digits. It's the night time lows and high dews that are noteworthy of late. 

My mother...well, I'm not much like her. She has always loved the heat. She can't get enough of it. She called me last evening and asked when this was going to end. I thought that was interesting. 

So many people around me who are "summer fanatics" have been complaining as of late. It really is something to read your posts/comments and realize how different the weather is from the 'Ville to our area. 

And it is not just the 'Ville.  It is anywhere here with elevation.  Cash's numbers are similar to mine though I think he did stay at 70 or above last night. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Geez, that sucks Jon. 

More than anything else, it's been the evenings that have been awful over our way. 88-90 degrees with 70+ dews at 8pm...I've had enough. And I'm not dealing with the sh*t that you have to. 

This!! 

Last evening just down right sucked. After fixing AC i was going to mow. I just said screw it. AND i may say screw it this evening too!

• Like 1

Headed on a motorcycle trip Thurs. at 7am w/ my son an 9 other father/sons and a couple friends of the dads that are going. 

Looks like the request to Mo Nature didn't go unanswered.  Looking forward to seeing Skyline Drive, WVA mtns, Harrisonburg, Shenandoah Nat. forest, and whatever else we find. 

Thanks in advance Mo

:bike:  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Headed on a motorcycle trip Thurs. at 7am w/ my son an 9 other father/sons and a couple friends of the dads that are going. 

Looks like the request to Mo Nature didn't go unanswered.  Looking forward to seeing Skyline Drive, WVA mtns, Harrisonburg, Shenandoah Nat. forest, and whatever else we find. 

Thanks in advance Mo

Be careful - motorcycles terrify me. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Thanks in advance Mo

Have fun!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

Be careful - motorcycles terrify me. 

aww...thanks bud.

All good.  Yes, a good friend of my son's just went down, and thank God he was wearing a brain bucket....Just had surgery on Friday to put pins n plate in shoulder.  Several in the group have had BAD accidents on bike, but if you've ever had a chance to ride or ride on a motorcycle...I'd still suggest trying it.  The feeling of a beautiful back road and riding w/ friends and family is truly a wonderful thing and keeps ones sanity in check in these crazy times. There are always risks in life....

We'll keep the tires on the road.  Promise.  Just tell peeps to stay off phones and pay attention for us....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

aww...thanks bud.

All good.  Yes, a good friend of my son's just went down, and thank God he was wearing a brain bucket....Just had surgery on Friday to put pins n plate in shoulder.  Several in the group have had BAD accidents on bike, but if you've ever had a chance to ride or ride on a motorcycle...I'd still suggest trying it.  The feeling of a beautiful back road and riding w/ friends and family is truly a wonderful thing and keeps ones sanity in check in these crazy times. There are always risks in life....

We'll keep the tires on the road.  Promise.  Just tell peeps to stay off phones and pay attention for us....

My wife and I were driving on 30 eastbound in York county last week when 2 riders passed us doing at least (conservatively) 90 mph...likely higher. Neither was wearing so much as a helmet. My wife freaks out and starts railing against bikers and I reminded her that not all bikers ride like that, and further, there are FAR too many automobile drivers who are just as guilty for driving recklessly. Inattentive driving has become almost the norm these days and it's frightening. I can choose to be the most defensive, cautious driver I can be and still be subject of the foolishness of others. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

aww...thanks bud.

Equal if not more of the problem.

I saw some idiot on a bike this weekend sans helmet but was wearing a mask. WTF? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

This!! 

Last evening just down right sucked. After fixing AC i was going to mow. I just said screw it. AND i may say screw it this evening too!

you deserve it bud...

grass will be there another day.  Cant imagine fighting fires in this heat and remember my son coming home from it just soaked to the bone.  Thx for what you do.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife and I were driving on 30 eastbound in York county last week when 2 riders passed us doing at least (conservatively) 90 mph...likely higher. Neither was wearing so much as a helmet. My wife freaks out and starts railing against bikers and I reminded her that not all bikers ride like that, and further, there are FAR too many automobile drivers who are just as guilty for driving recklessly. Inattentive driving has become almost the norm these days and it's frightening. I can choose to be the most defensive, cautious driver I can be and still be subject of the foolishness of others. 

As usual...your responses are well thought and well taken. 

Last week I saw a crotch rocket doing at least 100 and weaving in n out of traffic.  I shake my head and say a prayer for their safety before the laws of average catch up to them.  You are correct, bad apples in EVERY bunch.  Plenty of car drivers fit that as well.  

When on a bike, riding defensive is an ABSOLUTE must, or you'll be in trouble.  EVERY intersection, every blind turn....etc, etc.  While some may question why we do it....if you do it and do it right.....the reward largely outweighs the risk.  

Ok....sorry to derail....get back to your heat chatter....I'm coping far better than i can remember (losing weight and excersize helping?)  Looking forward to turning the calendar and hoping to be back w/ more frequency as I come outta da cave for my favorite time of year.  

Have a good one gang.

• Like 4