• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My low was 75. My patience with summer is starting to wane a bit - the heat and humidity combo have been downright nasty. Walking outside into a blast furnace at 6:00am isn't my idea of fun or enjoyment.

Having said that...it's summer. Summer's going to do summer kind of things. 

I agree! But we are at least winding down summer thank goodness. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That sucks. Hopefully they can fix vs. replace. 

My BIL is coming this afternoon. hopefully he can fix it. The original part of my house is 100 and has its own separate unit from the newer addition. So naturally its that unit for the 2nd floor bedroom portion lol 

• Like 1

So my local WU site says 84/72 for an index of 94.  My NWS site says 82/72 for an index of 87.  Plugging both sets of numbers into the NWS calculator shows the WU index is way too high (should be 90).  Any idea why that is the case?

21 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

not a good night for my central air to go down. took me back to my youth. My daughter who has never lived without central air and could be Mikes kid @Itstrainingtimewith the way she likes it cold, thinks its the end of the world. 

The irony in your post Jon...I'm not a big believer in purchasing extended warranties and maintenance plans, but I do have one for my central AC. It's like the most valuable thing in my life outside of my family. Part of my maintenance plan is having my unit inspected twice a year - the service tech is in my house right now performing my late summer check. Having my AC go down...I can't stand to think about that...

I hope yours is back up and running soon. It's not a good day to be without it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paweather said:

I agree! But we are at least winding down summer thank goodness. 

I got 20 days until I leave for Bermuda. Come back and it'll be Labor Day weekend. With that comes football and a ramp up of other fall activities. Even though it might very well be hot...my goal is to get through the next 3 weeks, come back and start thinking about Blizz's first snow map of the season. That always puts a smile on my face. :unsure: LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Festus said:

So my local WU site says 84/72 for an index of 94.  My NWS site says 82/72 for an index of 87.  Plugging both sets of numbers into the NWS calculator shows the WU index is way too high (should be 90).  Any idea why that is the case?

My WU data appears correct.  I'm 82/75 with a heat index of 88.  Yuck!

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got 20 days until I leave for Bermuda. Come back and it'll be Labor Day weekend. With that comes football and a ramp up of other fall activities. Even though it might very well be hot...my goal is to get through the next 3 weeks, come back and start thinking about Blizz's first snow map of the season. That always puts a smile on my face. :unsure: LOL

So heads up: we went to Bermuda August 26-Sept 2 in 2015. I might have never been hotter and my wife had a heat stroke. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Awesome heading to Bermuda. Have a great trip. I can't wait for Blizz first snow map with this Summer we are in this year. :D

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If I play my cards right and stay in Phoenix long enough, Blizz's snow maps will bring a smile to even MY face... 

:P

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yikes! Not a good way to run a special vacation. I'll be very careful in the sun. 

It was AWFUL. And we're Texans. It was freakishly hot/humid then, wayyyy more than normal, so hopefully you have better luck. It was hotter there than in Panama which we were in a few months prior! 

We stayed in Hamilton, very cool place. Want to go back but like in January lol.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My low was 75. My patience with summer is starting to wane a bit - the heat and humidity combo have been downright nasty. Walking outside into a blast furnace at 6:00am isn't my idea of fun or enjoyment.

Having said that...it's summer. Summer's going to do summer kind of things. 

me too really. Yinz all know i love the heat and sun to hang out by the pool. This past week we had 2 fires. The one early Sunday morning took it out of me. I'm not normally affected, put the fire out, go home or work and keep on functioning. But yesterday i got home at 6am, showered and i was shot. i did nothing all day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Through Aug. 7, there have been 23, 90-degree days at KMDT (Harrisburg) and 20 at @millersvilleu. Those #'s will be at 25 and 22, respectively, after Tuesday. The avg. # of 90-degree days per year at KMDT is 22 and at Millersville is 25.. so it's been another hot summer!

Today is day #26 for Maytown. 

So, MDT is already above normal for the entire summer season.