• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2022

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

May hit 80 early next week....sustained?  Eh, not sure about that. 

PS-I noticed some of the Spring Flingers in the MA are moaning.  One of these years they will stop spring flinging in mid-Feb and avoid the curse that have set onto themselves.   LOL

Same thing, different year down there. Always the same people saying the same things. 

I know that you know me well enough to know this, I in no way think nor expect it's going to warm up and stay warm. I hope I didn't come across that way. I'm just especially weary of the wind and cold for some reason. 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Same thing, different year down there. Always the same people saying the same things. 

I know that you know me well enough to know this, I in no way think nor expect it's going to warm up and stay warm. I hope I didn't come across that way. I'm just especially weary of the wind and cold for some reason. 

I totally got your drift.  If the GFS was showing 80's then back into the upper 60's I would say that could be called Sustained warmth but it has been showing another bulge in the jet stream and a coldish post Easter (for April Standards). 

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

I am ready got the snowmobile suit ironed and ready to go. 

Also, finally seeing some green in my grass and some trees starting to show life.  Blizz is the green grass expert.  By far the latest I have gone into spring with no mowing yet.  Spring is over 1/3 over.    Not sure I have ever punted half of spring but it is getting there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Also, finally seeing some green in my grass and some trees starting to show life.  Blizz is the green grass expert.  By far the latest I have gone into spring with no mowing yet.  Spring is over 1/3 over.  

I haven't mowed either. It is getting green for sure but no mowing next week likely will be my first.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Also, finally seeing some green in my grass and some trees starting to show life.  Blizz is the green grass expert.  By far the latest I have gone into spring with no mowing yet.  Spring is over 1/3 over.    Not sure I have ever punted half of spring but it is getting there. 

I mowed for the 5th time this spring this afternoon.

Now, before people chuckle over my grass length fanaticism, my grass was nearly 8" high today prior to mowing. Yes, it has been growing THAT much...

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mowed for the 5th time this spring this afternoon.

Now, before people chuckle over my grass length fanaticism, my grass was nearly 8" high today prior to mowing. Yes, it has been growing THAT much...

You are living in the tropics of PA.    You probably have banana trees in your backyard?    My yard person actually came over yesterday as I complained my yard was not very green despite the treatment.  He said its going to be a bad grass Spring over our way.  No trees budding yet, no cherry blossoms until just this weekend, etc.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are living in the tropics of PA.    You probably have banana trees in your backyard?    My yard person actually came over yesterday as I complained my yard was not very green despite the treatment.  He said its going to be a bad grass Spring over our way.  No trees budding yet, no cherry blossoms until just this weekend, etc.  

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

64 for the high today NWS said only was supposed to get to 58 today 

My high today was 58 - clearly, we see who the heatmiser really is...

:)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

64 for the high today NWS said only was supposed to get to 58 today 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My high today was 58 - clearly, we see who the heatmiser really is...

:)

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

We'll wait for the true heatmiser report from Voyager.

:lol:

I only got to 62 in my backyard today, so you beat me by two degrees.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

I love a nice chilly, rainy spring night. Almost as much as I love a June back door cold front bringing relief via east winds and drizzle after an early summer heat wave

. Pro

Ugh...I absolutely HATE backdoor cold fronts that ruin my heat waves...