• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13, 2022 Winter Warmth to Arctic Blast Snow Event Discussion and Obs

Ralph Wiggum

Models coming in juicier and farther N and W. Starting to look like after low 60s today, arctic front plows thru later with plummeting temps and a mix of rain and snow breaking out by midnight or shortly after. Coating to an inch in most spots, mostly on grass/cars. So heavier bursts over extreme SE PA with some isolated spots seeing up to 2 or 3". 

hrdps_asnow_neus_44.png

hrrr_asnow_neus_41.png

Mt holly seems to think paved surfaces should retain most of their warmth from today hence why there are no winter weather advisory’s. I think 1-3” on grassy surfaces seems to be a good bet though. Hope the HRRR and other meso guidance ends up being correct and some areas see lollis of 4”. Should be nice to wake up to snow for possibly the last time this winter.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I made a thread because y'all are snoozing on the job :hug:

Lol I didn't realize it was thread worthy! Me and the boys are brewing today and yesterday I did a lot of walking around enjoying the sun. I think most people just watching the super bowl tomorrow so this slid under the radar

37 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

Lol I didn't realize it was thread worthy! Me and the boys are brewing today and yesterday I did a lot of walking around enjoying the sun. I think most people just watching the super bowl tomorrow so this slid under the radar

Given the sad state of affairs this season, the threat of a coating is thread worthy :weenie:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'm reading/seeing things wrong, but sure seems like SE PA is backing into a sneaky little surprise event at the last minute. These models barely gave us a trace yesterday now some guidance as high as 6" with the stripe of banding.....and guidance is increasing rather than going the opposite way for a change.

I'm with @The Iceman.....2" wet snow is a win....an epic win.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Maybe I'm reading/seeing things wrong, but sure seems like SE PA is backing into a sneaky little surprise event at the last minute. These models barely gave us a trace yesterday now some guidance as high as 6" with the stripe of banding.....and guidance is increasing rather than going the opposite way for a change.

I'm with @The Iceman.....2" wet snow is a win....an epic win.

That's why I'm skeptical? I'm pretty much when I see the first flakes and radar looks good I'm onboard mode. Either way, we're not having a blowtorch SB Sunday which is good but looking ahead 60F+ late next week (?) kinda sucks...

55F

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Newman said:

Thinking moat accums will be on grassy/colder surfaces. Kinda surprised by the higher amounts on models, it doesn't seem that juicy of a system. A general 1-3, 2-4" is likely

There is a jet streak right over the area providing extra lift as the precip develops. Agreed it isn’t that juicy of a system but that should enhance rates for a time.

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Well it is the Herp a Derp and it’s cousin the HURRR so I wouldn’t count my chickens just yet :lol: but if I see 2” out of this system I’m counting it as an epic win.

My wife always laughs when I'm checking the models and say out loud "Hurderps" and "HURRRR". Glad I'm not the only one!

Looking like we'll at least get snow TV tomorrow. Love it.

• Like 1