• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem Snowstorm! 2/2-2/4

54 minutes ago, Stash said:

Albany is a great office, but they're usually the very last ones to pull the trigger on watches and especially warnings.  And that seems especially true when it involves the greater capital region counties.  Maybe its a verification score thing, I dunno.  Ultimately, it obviously makes no difference to what the weather will do, but it is a little surprising they didn't issue any more watches.  I'm sure they will by tomorrow morning, but at that point we're only talking about a 12+ hour lead time.

Yeah... might as well just go straight to warnings at that point lol. Do think there should be some sort of combination criteria established for Watch/Warning... like 50% of each threshold... to avoid these kinds of subjective differences from office to office. Unless the Gem/Rgem somehow score a coup, every model pretty much has over an inch of liquid in frozen form. Definitely better than 50/50 chance of a high impact winter event.

4 hours ago, sferic said:

Great info!

Would you know what is the lowest recorded minimum high for KYSR in Winter?

1/15. 6F high , -6F low

1/29 11F high, +1 low.

Those were the two coldest high temps for KSYZ in January.  Jan 29th, another day where the Sizzle's thermometer likely missed another subzero reading.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

1/15. 6F high , -6F low

1/29 11F high, +1 low.

Those were the two coldest high temps for KSYZ in January.  Jan 29nanother day where the Sizzle's thermometer likely missed another subzero reading.  

I’m not sure if he’s asking for the lowest maximum temperature this year or all time. The all time lowest maximum temperature in Syracuse was -7.1 F on 12/29/1933. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Chasing gfs. Lol. All these models blow chunks. 

Yeah hard to tell what going on. Incoherent shifts between the models. Like Dave said, there going to be some wobbling back and forth and unfortunately even small shifts have huge implications for some or most of us. Hopefully this thing threads the needle and we all get 6+.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah hard to tell what going on. Incoherent shifts between the models.

That's why I generally only pay attention to the 0/12z runs.  Too much noise otherwise. Yeah, a model output trend could be spotted or "confirmed" on 6/18Z runs, I get it, but for the most part it becomes TMI.

• Like 3