• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem Snowstorm! 2/2-2/4

Haha rain all the way to Toronto. Somehow one of the worst case scenario’s for me could play out. Rain washes away decent chunk of the 5-8” on the ground and the storm ends up being a mediocre 2-4” Alberta clipper. 

Only one set of runs but have to imagine Buffalo and EC are nervous they went with winter storm watches so early. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mississaugasnow said:

Haha rain all the way to Toronto. Somehow one of the worst case scenario’s for me could play out. Rain washes away decent chunk of the 5-8” on the ground and the storm ends up being a mediocre 2-4” Alberta clipper. 

Only one set of runs but have to imagine Buffalo and EC are nervous they went with winter storm watches so early. 

Based on the Rgem? Don't give your Canadian model THAT much credit... ;)

4 minutes ago, mryanwilkes said:

I’m driving (with a neighbor) to visit his old buddies at Tupper Lake this weekend for ice fishing and snowmobiling. Leaving South Carolina on Thursday. I hope the interstates are OK… still, I’ve made better decisions.

Conditions should be good up at Tupper / Big Moose / OF / Stillwater if this storm stays the way it does. Gonna be some sick riding next weekend.

I'd even ride Thursday, nothing like fresh pow. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's pretty good with lake effect, but with synoptic systems? Not the greatest. Still, I hate that it's so far NW.

We need it north. I need to start melting off the snow on the pool cover. Warm, cleansing rains of February await us!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Model mayhem! Haha. Turns out these anafrontal things aren’t nearly as predictable as Miller A’s. 48 hours out and we still have wildcard solutions floating around. 

I was going to post the same exact thing, but was going to wait until the 0Z runs tonight. 48 hours since we started watching things and absolutely no more clarity. Ha!

If we take a "middle ground" approach of all the models, the Thruway west of Utica to Buffalo is looking good.