• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16-18th Major Synoptic Snowstorm- Observation Thread

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

But Tim is correct. Step in the right direction for sure. 

How is it a step in the right direction if the dry slot is even more pronounced and west? Ha, this was basically my pessimistic scenario where ROC has to dink and dunk its way to just short of a warning-level event.

3 minutes ago, PerintonMan said:

How is it a step in the right direction if the dry slot is even more pronounced and west? Ha, this was basically my pessimistic scenario where ROC has to dink and dunk its way to just short of a warning-level event.

Because it’s a little better than the last few NAM runs. All I got. Lol

8 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Alright, bags packed, just need to change a tire tomorrow morning, but then it is off to the races, problem is I haven't decided Niagra falls or near Dunkirk NY, looking for highest possible total LES included. Going with the girl so Niagra falls gets bonus points, but any suggestions 

Either of look good but if you go south to Dunkirk inland a bit you get a big jump in elevation. 

11 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Alright, bags packed, just need to change a tire tomorrow morning, but then it is off to the races, problem is I haven't decided Niagra falls or near Dunkirk NY, looking for highest possible total LES included. Going with the girl so Niagra falls gets bonus points, but any suggestions 

Go to the falls. Maybe stay at a hotel near the state park - the Red Coach Inn or Comfort Inn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Hope Buf is enjoying the game! HRR came into a little better alignment with the envelope of the cooler models after being a SE outlier at 18z. It would be good for me if I trusted it at all. image.thumb.png.d903f76c38b4a4af0b03559f3d2f5338.png

lol. 3 " for Toronto - that would be about right. Toronto is traditionally bust city for snow.