Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

59 and 57 Saturday and Sunday. Sounds good to me. Clothes will be on the line

Yeah thats normalish and will be nice (don't tell voyager I said that-dont wanna lose my snowhound status).

just was out to pick up lunch and while chilly, you can feel the warmth comin...was nice.  Did i just type that... WTH is wrong w/ me?  :P

Note to self....put Harley in garage when you want cold ass temps.  If only the snow coulda happened-pattern was basically a reapeat of mid winter and antecedent cold just never holds as next storm starts a cuttin....meh.

Happy Spring all....enjoy.  

• Haha 1

Just now, paweather said:

Yeah but not my snowy Easter oh well I tried a prediction!

sorry man.  but after this brief dip w/ AO/NAO, they both head back for neurtralish territory, and that doesnt bode well for easters and snow (see what i did there).  Of course a perfectly timed/placed event is a remote chance, but as we turn the calendar, I'd bet we wave bye bye to snow season.  Its all good.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

sorry man.  but after this brief dip w/ AO/NAO, they both head back for neurtralish territory, and that doesnt bode well for easters and snow (see what i did there).  Of course a perfectly timed/placed event is a remote chance, but as we turn the calendar, I'd bet we wave bye bye to snow season.  Its all good.  

Thanks Nut and yes agree with snow season is pretty much over. Time to look at Nov and Dec to start a better run at it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thanks Nut and yes agree with snow season is pretty much over. Time to look at Nov and Dec to start a better run at it.

I would not stop watching until the "Paweather 540 Line" is no where near your hood for a long time in the extended.  It's in North and Central Texas on the GFS and CMC 8-10 days out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just cracked 40, at 40.6 now.  Winds are so much less/lighter this afternoon, only around 5 mph.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Winter Weather Advisory issued for late overnight and all the way through to 2:00pm.  It's for freezing rain and sleet, but no snow.  Covers most of the LSV except York & Lanco counties.  I'll definitely be curious as to how long I stay below 32.0 tomorrow morning.  With such cold temps the past few days I would think there could be an impactful period of ZR for a few hours in the morning, including some roads even.

>>Edit, temp just hit 41.5 and winds are a tad more upwards to 10mph occasionally.

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Just cracked 40, at 40.6 now.  Winds are so much less/lighter this afternoon, only around 5 mph.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Winter Weather Advisory issued for overnight and all the way through to 2:00pm.  It's for freezing rain and sleet, but no snow.  Covers most of the LSV except York & Lanco counties.  I'll definitely be curious as to how long I stay below 32.0 tomorrow morning.  With such cold temps the past few days I would think there could be a impactful period of ZR for a few hours in the morning, including some roads even.

Thanks Carlisle I didn't see it yet. Good to know. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Winter Weather Advisory issued for late overnight and all the way through to 2:00pm.  It's for freezing rain and sleet, but no snow.  Covers most of the LSV except York & Lanco counties.  I'll definitely be curious as to how long I stay below 32.0 tomorrow morning.  With such cold temps the past few days I would think there could be an impactful period of ZR for a few hours in the morning, including some roads even.

WGAL is winding up its school delay program again.  It had put it away for the season. 

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Sorry man.  I know you wanted it, but pattern is a rinse and repeat bud...

Verbatim...nooner GFS says 7-10 days shows 3 poss weather events (all rain) until the usual cold front sweeps in to freeze your patunas off while its possibly snowing post frontal onions (if your in the lucky NW spots).  Same basic pattern. Gut says, that once NAO/AO start heading north...so the boundary will go once again. Our recent cold is a byproduct of the pattern we've been in much of this season.  By April, its getting real tough thermally.  With that in mind, below does not inspire confidence for snow hounds in April down here...or in Texas. If below is wrong, then I'll use the onions for my crow stew. Check the deviation/mean out.  This is not gospel by any means, but has served me pretty well with my guesses over the years (I'm no forecaster so would never speak as such).  Couple either of these w/ a neutral PNA and we get normalish weather...not anomalous IMO.  

Hey this is a weather board, so I'm throwin my thoughts out there.  K?  I'm hangin out till first week of April to see how things pan out, then I'll likely be headin for the cave this year.  Its almost HH so I'm checkin out and headin for a beer at home...cheers.

ao.gefs.sprd2.png

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Sorry man.  I know you wanted it, but pattern is a rinse and repeat bud...

Verbatim...nooner GFS says 7-10 days shows 3 poss weather events (all rain) until the usual cold front sweeps in to freeze your patunas off while its possibly snowing post frontal onions (if your in the lucky NW spots).  Same basic pattern. Gut says, that once NAO/AO start heading north...so the boundary will go once again. Our recent cold is a byproduct of the pattern we've been in much of this season.  By April, its getting real tough thermally.  With that in mind, below does not inspire confidence for snow hounds in April down here...or in Texas. If below is wrong, then I'll use the onions for my crow stew. Check the deviation/mean out.  This is not gospel by any means, but has served me pretty well with my guesses over the years (I'm no forecaster so would never speak as such).  Couple either of these w/ a neutral PNA and we get normalish weather...not anomalous IMO.  

Hey this is a weather board, so I'm throwin my thoughts out there.  K?  I'm hangin out till first week of April to see how things pan out, then I'll likely be headin for the cave this year.  Its almost HH so I'm checkin out and headin for a beer at home...cheers.

ao.gefs.sprd2.png

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

Understood and yes it gets tough in April for sure let's hope something changes with HH and enjoy the beer!

Chambersburg and Waynesboro throw down the gauntlet and already delayed tomorrow.  For Waynesboro I believe this is the 4th event this month...two days closed and two days of two hour delays.  Turning out to be one of the better Winter like March runs.  Who had March being such a wintery month?  Not sure anyone did.    Sure, lots of warm days in there but 4 schools delays or closings...impressive. 

image.png.9338500a410c9b642bc709deee8611c6.png

• Like 1

Latest info on the wreck. As of right now the northbound lanes are STILL closed. I'll defer to the article about fatalities and injuries, but I heard bad things. What I can say is that the road surface was damaged by the fire, and will likely need to be repaired.

https://www.tnonline.com/20220329/state-police-confirm-fatalities-in-i-81-pileup/

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Latest info on the wreck. As of right now the northbound lanes are STILL closed. I'll defer to the article about fatalities and injuries, but I heard bad things. What I can say is that the road surface was damaged by the fire, and will likely need to be repaired.

https://www.tnonline.com/20220329/state-police-confirm-fatalities-in-i-81-pileup/

Pretty incredible.