• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Showing off my low-lying cold here as I dropped to 24 last night, same as THV.  Incredibly thick fog this morning (ice fog no less), couldn't even remotely see the Amishman's barn less than 1/8 mile away.  Remarkably, it fully burned off by like 9am.  Waiting for the precip from yesterday to fully melt but looks like I should come in somewhere around .6".

My way-too-early thoughts for LSV Saturday......I think we wake up to a period of heavy rain, followed by a quick transition to a cold wind-driven snow and temperatures plummeting through the 20s throughout the day.  Flash freeze in full effect.  I'm thinking something like 1-3" for the LSV, 3-6" for the middle parts of the valley, and 6-12" for western and northern tier areas.  As others have mentioned, always tricky having the cold chase the precip in these scenarios but this one looks to have real potential, and the needle seems to want to thread just right with the two pieces of energy.  I think it was @losetoa6 who mentioned the HRRR doing well lately and I couldn't agree more.  I used to ignore that model beyond like 12-18 hours out but it's done a really nice job of picking up on the finer details even at range lately.  The 12z HRRR sure looks like it's about to be a flush hit and the 12z NAM just came in very strong as well.  This could be the real deal for the forum.  In any event, I think we're looking at one heck of a dynamic day of weather with some damaging winds, brutal cold, multiple precip types, and hopefully meaningful accumulating snow for mostly everyone.  All aboard!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Showing off my low-lying cold here as I dropped to 24 last night, same as THV.  Incredibly thick fog this morning (ice fog no less), couldn't even remotely see the Amishman's barn less than 1/8 mile away.  Remarkably, it fully burned off by like 9am.  Waiting for the precip from yesterday to fully melt but looks like I should come in somewhere around .6".

My way-too-early thoughts for LSV Saturday......I think we wake up to a period of heavy rain, followed by a quick transition to a cold wind-driven snow and temperatures plummeting through the 20s throughout the day.  Flash freeze in full effect.  I'm thinking something like 1-3" for the LSV, 3-6" for the middle parts of the valley, and 6-12" for western and northern tier areas.  As others have mentioned, always tricky having the cold chase the precip in these scenarios but this one looks to have real potential, and the needle seems to want to thread just right with the two pieces of energy.  I think it was @losetoa6 who mentioned the HRRR doing well lately and I couldn't agree more.  I used to ignore that model beyond like 12-18 hours out but it's done a really nice job of picking up on the finer details even at range lately.  The 12z HRRR sure likes like it's about to be a flush hit and the 12z NAM just came in very strong as well.  This could be the real deal for the forum.  In any event, I think we're looking at one heck of a dynamic day of weather with some damaging winds, brutal cold, multiple precip types, and hopefully meaningful accumulating snow for mostly everyone.  All aboard!

The Black Knight standing up and doing some Thursday morning dirty talk. I like!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

the NAM is a hit. Overdone but good hit:

Yeah it's got many troll lines out, and I'm sure many wanna bite.  Still on sidelines down here, but it was a step in the right direction with time left for another bump or 2.  Hmmmmm...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My way-too-early thoughts for LSV Saturday......I think we wake up to a period of heavy rain, followed by a quick transition to a cold wind-driven snow and temperatures plummeting through the 20s throughout the day.  Flash freeze in full effect.  I'm thinking something like 1-3" for the LSV, 3-6" for the middle parts of the valley, and 6-12" for western and northern tier areas.  As others have mentioned, always tricky having the cold chase the precip in these scenarios but this one looks to have real potential, and the needle seems to want to thread just right with the two pieces of energy.  I think it was @losetoa6 who mentioned the HRRR doing well lately and I couldn't agree more.  I used to ignore that model beyond like 12-18 hours out but it's done a really nice job of picking up on the finer details even at range lately.  The 12z HRRR sure likes like it's about to be a flush hit and the 12z NAM just came in very strong as well.  This could be the real deal for the forum.  In any event, I think we're looking at one heck of a dynamic day of weather with some damaging winds, brutal cold, multiple precip types, and hopefully meaningful accumulating snow for mostly everyone.  All aboard!

Looks really good I am excited with white on the ground outside today that was beautiful this will top it though dynamic with heavy rain to snow. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

12K around 6-7" take 2" off and your still at 4" or so. 

Yeah I saw it.  It would really be ironic to likely end the snow season with a well timed and nicely placed event that is being shown.  It's what we waited for all winter, and Mo Nature throws us a bone for the last hurrah.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, paweather said:

the NAM is a hit. Overdone but good hit:

I wouldn’t say it’s overdone, this is easily a 6-10” (or greater) type event for wherever the swath sets up. It’s a timing thing, NAM seems to both press the front pretty well and hold back the wave long enough. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

GFS is close to my thoughts on totals, with the hope that it ticks a few notches SE....

snku_acc.us_ma.png

i was looking at TT panels and saw a slight adjustment SE.  3k is money (if one believes it at this juncture.)  A compromise of the 2 is a CTP beatdown for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

Not what I wanted to see:

If you zoom into the NE you'll note it came SE down around the M/D line and points south.  Likely a byproduct of the slp being a tad SE of 6z and precip panels adjusted accordingly.  This is why I look at the snow panels as they show a rough blend of thermal profiles, precip and even forcing in frozen and non frozen varieties.  Not for the perty colors.  

Really wouldnt take much to get us in the game down here.  Gonna be close either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

If you zoom into the NE you'll note it came SE down around the M/D line and points south.  Likely a byproduct of the slp being a tad SE of 6z and precip panels adjusted accordingly.  This is why I look at the snow panels as they show a rough blend of thermal profiles, precip and even forcing in frozen and non frozen varieties.  Not for the perty colors.  

Really wouldnt take much to get us in the game down here.  Gonna be close either way.

Like you said a blend of the NAM/GFS is a solid hit right now.