Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm ready. Turned down a LOT of money to sell my seats. I gouged a poor Mavericks fan blind for next week's game so that I'll feel better about going tomorrow. Besides, my wife and I are on a roll now. We've seen 6 wins in our last 7 trips. Got to keep the momentum going! 

All Mavericks fans are something other than poor.  How can you be poor with Luka chucking in Mike Breen bang shots? 

24 minutes ago, Greensnow said:

***UPDATE WINTER STORM WARNING ISSUED FOR TWIN TIER REGION OF NY AND PA***

A band of heavy snow has set up in the Twin Tiers of NY and PA with up to 2" of snow per hour at times. The snow will taper off between 5 pm and 7 pm. Total snowfall will range between 5" and 9" in the Twin Tiers with 2" to 5" over the rest of northeast PA and across north central NY. See total snowfall map. If you must travel please use extreme caution!!! #pawx #nywx #winter2022

Crazy-this is usually the set-up where I do well up here. Elevated and marginal temps but with good precip. Saturday looks interesting in NEPA. :snowing:

Speaking of NY, I hope our former summer adoption member, @TugHillMatt, is enjoying the goods he stole from the LSV.  I keep seeing his name pop up as the most recent poster in some other forums.  HA.   Much N and Central PA really did well today. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

All Mavericks fans are something other than poor.  How can you be poor with Luka chucking in Mike Breen bang shots? 

You make a good point. Man, if it didn't take you long to feed on my bait. LOL 

I have no idea who bought my tickets for the Mavs game but I did "pretty well" on said transaction...

Luka was feisty the other night. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You make a good point. Man, if it didn't take you long to feed on my bait. LOL 

I have no idea who bought my tickets for the Mavs game but I did "pretty well" on said transaction...

Luka was feisty the other night. 

I get so little Mav's talk in PA, I am grabbing every worm I see! Luka complains a lot.  LOL.  It can get irritating.   Not as irritating as watching Carmelo Anthony, celebrating a single basket, point at his head and saunter up the side of the court like he is Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho from Idiocrasy.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Speaking of NY, I hope our former summer adoption member, @TugHillMatt, is enjoying the goods he stole from the LSV.  I keep seeing his name pop up as the most recent poster in some other forums.  HA.   Much N and Central PA really did well today. 

Ha! I'm really bummed that you guys got the shaft. I didn't steal your snow. Binghamton did! :P They got solid advisory amounts. Ground is now getting covered here with large snowflakes falling and covering everything though.

• Haha 1

Well I'll be doggoned - look who's getting excited for Saturday...

1. 2/2 ..from the 40s around sunrise into the 20s during the afternoon, resulting in "flash freezes" & roadways turning icy, snow-packed, & slippery. Wind gusts of 50-60 mph will accompany the Arctic front & persist into Sat night, leading to downed trees/powerlines & power outages.

19m

1/2 I'll be talking more about the Saturday storm tomorrow, but it's becoming increasingly likely that the two pieces of energy mentioned in Monday's SWD will join forces at "just the right time & place" to bring an accumulating snow event to southeastern PA. Temps will plunge..

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1. 2/2 ..from the 40s around sunrise into the 20s during the afternoon, resulting in "flash freezes" & roadways turning icy, snow-packed, & slippery. Wind gusts of 50-60 mph will accompany the Arctic front & persist into Sat night, leading to downed trees/powerlines & power outages.

19m

1/2 I'll be talking more about the Saturday storm tomorrow, but it's becoming increasingly likely that the two pieces of energy mentioned in Monday's SWD will join forces at "just the right time & place" to bring an accumulating snow event to southeastern PA. Temps will plunge..

March has softened him to more winter! LOL.     We may see WSW's tomorrow if the Euro and GFS persist. 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

In Short range now .. hopefully Euro has the better handle out of the globals :D

I'm not buying an ice threat . Rain to brief mix then snow . And hopefully a couple inches blowing around by Sat afternoon in 40 mph winds

I agree that ice seems suspicious.  Rgem's precip panels were hearty but ice killed the snow totals.   If we have blowing snow Mid March that is going to be pretty cool but 2" does not cut it...4-6.   If my trash can blows over I want it to turn into a drift point that requires the plow boy to make more than one approach at it.  :-).

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

19m

Haha, time for the role reversal. Trying to nail stuff in the Sus Valley has been extremely frustrating for me this winter. With this setup I’m only going to acknowledge the western half of PA has the best chance of seeing what could be significant snow (6+) for now. I do agree on the flash freeze potential and likely some kind of snow accumulation with a big time shot of cold being pulled into a very rapidly deepening coastal low. Models, especially the global ones have been too overzealous on the eastern edge of snow swaths so I’m taking some pause for this. The potential for a good snow event for everyone is there though. 

5 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Still getting some snow bursts but additional accumulations have stopped with max solar and temps around 33ºF. Have measured 3.4” and it’s definitely a wet snow. Most roads are now wet. This was basically on target for what I was expecting here.

As I mentioned in my last post, problem for the Sus Valley was the best of the precip shield ending up tracking northwest. Rates would have overcome the marginal temps. But as it is, the result is the north-central being upgraded to warnings being a couple degrees colder and ended up with the best of the QPF. 

Congrats on the snow today to you and the I-99, 322 & I-80 crew!

I agree 100% with you that today the temps were not the issue in the Sus Valley.

The main issue was the heavy am precip shield targeted the western half of PA. The other heavy am band split off to the south & east. The Sus Valley was left with light precip until later in the morning, but it was never a sustained heavier band here.

Anytime today that the precip rates picked up, it snowed at a good rate with temps near 33 to 34 in northern Harrisburg.

Congrats again, but I wish that all of us could have cashed in today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree 100% with you that today the temps were not the issue in the Sus Valley.

The main issue was the heavy am precip shield targeted the western half of PA. The other heavy am band split off to the south & east. The Sus Valley was left with light precip until later in the morning, but it was never a sustained heavier band here.

Anytime today that the precip rates picked up, it snowed at a good rate with temps near 33 to 34 in northern Harrisburg.

We will Saturday  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paweather said:

Still snowing it was great to have a snow day for a change didn't accum much but love to see it fall. 

I agree, it was nice to see snow falling for most of the day, even though it didn’t add up to much in the LSV.

The grass & mulch & car tops were covered in northern Harrisburg and Marysville today.

Mrs. Blizz and the Blizz kids reported around 2 inches of snow on the grass and car tops at work & school near Duncannon today.

This could have easily been an Advisory event for most of the LSV if the radar would have cooperated early this am.

Oh well…on to Saturday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree, it was nice to see snow falling for most of the day, even though it didn’t add up to much in the LSV.

The grass & mulch & car tops were covered in northern Harrisburg and Marysville today.

Mrs. Blizz and the Blizz kids reported around 2 inches of snow on the grass and car tops at work & school near Duncannon today.

This could have easily been an Advisory event for most of the LSV if the radar would have cooperated early this am.

Oh well…on to Saturday!

Yep until Bubbler gives us bad news :D

26 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I had .62" of rain today. That's a solid amount of precip and yet my temp never fell below 35 at home. Perhaps in your area the issue was rates, but down here it was definitely more about the temperature. (to clarify - there were times when it was all snow but not sticking with temps in the mid 30s)

If it had been a few/several degrees colder, I would have had more snow and more stickage. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had .62" of rain today. That's a solid amount of precip and yet my temp never fell below 35 at home. Perhaps in your area the issue was rates, but down here it was definitely more about the temperature. (to clarify - there were times when it was all snow but not sticking with temps in the mid 30s)

If it had been a few/several degrees colder, I would have had more snow and more stickage. 

I agree, a few degrees colder would have helped, but if we had heavier precip at the onset like places to our south, west & east had earlier near daybreak, I think this could have turned out a little bit better.

Oh well, onto Saturday!