Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

24 hour hour snow on the 18z GEFS for the 7th looks good too.

7D41E682-6E58-4C64-887A-668CA9035DCC.png

My only hope is that it comes in after 4pm. It's a win-win that way. By then I should be close to parking the truck for the day AND it's a Friday and I have weekends off. That's win #1.

Also, most snow would fall after sunset which would hopefully make for maximum "stickage" which would be good for the snowlovers. That would be win #2.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My only hope is that it comes in after 4pm. It's a win-win that way. By then I should be close to parking the truck for the day AND it's a Friday and I have weekends off. That's win #1.

Also, most snow would fall after sunset which would hopefully make for maximum "stickage" which would be good for the snowlovers. That would be win #2.

But you know that probably won't be the way it unfolds 

15 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hittin the bubbly a bit early….

I’m Proud’a you. :beer:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Happy New Years, PA crew. It's been a pleasure joining you guys this week. I'll be heading back to Upstate New York in the morning, but will definitely still stop in to join you guys through the winter. Thanks for your hospitality!

Thanks very much for the ob's and fun convo.  Also nice to meet other folks though you already snuck in here from time to time anyway.  Lol.  Happy New Year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

We have all the windows open - it’s spring-like out. Happy new year all!

It is 50 at Montoursville Airport which is about 5 miles away from me in Williamsport and our low will be 46.  I wore my sweater to go to the grocery store earlier today.  Tomorrow will be about the same

Last year at this time it was 26 and we still had about all our record breaking two feet of snow out there that fell on Dec. 16-17, 2020.

I wonder how things will be at this time next year?  If we have windows open and sweater weather for a second year in a row on New Year's Eve, I won't know what to think.  

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not really surprised. Big 10 remains the SEC's whipping boys. 

It's what happens when the same 5 teams get most of the 5 star recruits every year.   Ohio State is one of those teams though.  College football is a mess. 

7 minutes ago, Rjay said:

It's what happens when the same 5 teams get most of the 5 star recruits every year.   Ohio State is one of those teams though. 

That is one of my biggest complaints about all things NCAA (at least major sports).   I am a big UVA fan, did not attend, and it seems like each and every season is an underdog story.  Kids go where the money is more likely to fall into their laps.  UVA Basketball broke through a few years ago but football has not been close since the 1990's Shawn Moore and Herman Moore teams.  NCAA football is a popularity contest. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not really surprised. Big 10 remains the SEC's whipping boys. 

I had a few friends where were confident GA was going down today.   Feel bad for the UM fans through these first 3 quarters at least. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

It is 50 at Montoursville Airport which is about 5 miles away from me in Williamsport and our low will be 46.  I wore my sweater to go to the grocery store earlier today.  Tomorrow will be about the same

Last year at this time it was 26 and we still had about all our record breaking two feet of snow out there that fell on Dec. 16-17, 2020.

I wonder how things will be at this time next year?  If we have windows open and sweater weather for a second year in a row on New Year's Eve, I won't know what to think.  

Most modeling seems to point to a much chillier start to the New Year (after this weekend).  Snow?  Who knows.  LOL.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is one of my biggest complaints about all things NCAA (at least major sports).   I am a big UVA fan, did not attend, and it seems like each and every season is an underdog story.  Kids go where the money is more likely to fall into their laps.  UVA Basketball broke through a few years ago but football has not been close since the 1990's Shawn Moore and Herman Moore teams.  NCAA football is a popularity contest. 

I had a few friends where were confident GA was going down today.   Feel bad for the UM fans through these first 3 quarters at least. 

Probably the best thing to happen to GA was getting beat up by the Crimson Tide. Tough task for Saban to come back and do it again at this point. I like GA to win it all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Probably the best thing to happen to GA was getting beat up by the Crimson Tide. Tough task for Saban to come back and do it again at this point. I like GA to win it all. 

The Alabama game was the only one where they gave up more than 17 points.  Just remembered the Big Ten has a shot for redemption against the Razorbacks tomorrow. 

32 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Happy New Years, PA crew. It's been a pleasure joining you guys this week. I'll be heading back to Upstate New York in the morning, but will definitely still stop in to join you guys through the winter. Thanks for your hospitality!

Enjoyed having you here. You are welcome anytime, whether you are in Danville or back upstate. Happy New Year to you as well, and don't be a stranger. :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks very much for the ob's and fun convo.  Also nice to meet other folks though you already snuck in here from time to time anyway.  Lol.  Happy New Year. 

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Enjoyed having you here. You are welcome here anytime, whether you are in Danville or back upstate. Don't be a stranger. :)

Thanks, guys! Wearing my Penn State hoodie as I type. :) Yas...yinz...yous guys...have a great group! :P 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Alabama game was the only one where they gave up more than 17 points.  Just remembered the Big Ten has a shot for redemption against the Razorbacks tomorrow. 

Meh - PSU with not a single starter playing on defense, at least the seniors. That, and Datson sitting out is a lot to overcome. Razorbacks can go all in on stopping the run, which we can't do to begin with. 27-13 bad guys. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wear it with pride tomorrow - we'll need it! 

For sure! I went from a high school that had the WORST football team in the state while I was there (Penn Manor 2000 grad) to Penn State whose football team was AWFUL while I was there. (graduated 2005). I have about as much luck with football teams as I do with above average snowfall winters wherever I go. lol