Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nope, sold it to our oldest son. I've been to every home loss this year though.

Maybe you stay at home then. The next home game you attend will likely be the one where Embiid breaks his leg and they have to bring out the curtain to euthanize him on the court. 

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’ll believe it when we can go a day without seeing 60s in the long term on a GFS run.

I think we are all looking at different things.  Blizz is looking for a storm while you and I are more concentrated on signs that winter is settling in.  There are no signs of winter settling in on the 6Z GFS.  This is a terrible look for near the end of the first third of winter.  It's chilly here but there is nothing in the chute to kick winter in. 

image.thumb.png.86aeedc9cbdbe8cc660c919131dcc0b2.png

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think we are all looking at different things.  Blizz is looking for a storm while you and I are more concentrated on signs that winter is settling in.  There are no signs of winter settling in on the 6Z GFS.  This is a terrible look for near the end of the first third of winter.  It's chilly here but there is nothing in the chute to kick winter in. 

image.thumb.png.86aeedc9cbdbe8cc660c919131dcc0b2.png

Terrible? I see lots of potential looking at this 372 hour OP Run.

Lots of cold air to tap into across all of Canada, including Ontario & Quebec. The time stamp is 18z (1pm) on the 27th with highs in CTP in the high 20’s to low 30’s. I think we would be in business if a storm was around…

16 minutes ago, anotherman said:

This was helpful for me. Looking like we are headed in the right direction. Read the whole thread….

Thanks for posting this! Great write up for what should be on the way starting next week.

For those without the time to read the whole thread…

13/ Bottom line: the projected MJO progression thru the W Hemisphere in the late Dec to mid-Jan timeframe broadly favors a colder than normal pattern in the central and eastern U.S....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Terrible? I see lots of potential looking at this 372 hour OP Run.

Lots of cold air to tap into across all of Canada, including Ontario & Quebec. The time stamp is 18z (1pm) on the 27th with highs in CTP in the high 20’s to low 30’s. I think we would be in business if a storm was around…

You are looking for a storm, I am looking for highs in the 20's with a pipeline for more to come.   If a storm were to wind up, it could pull down cold air but otherwise this looks like a Pacific dominated pattern.   Run the full loop of the GFS run and you will see the true cold air does not break into the US for the entire run except a brief intrusion in the far North West and North Central.  It could be worse but but there is no signs of  BN normal temps kicking in.  

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Thanks for posting this! Great write up for what should be on the way starting next week.

For those without the time to read the whole thread…

13/ Bottom line: the projected MJO progression thru the W Hemisphere in the late Dec to mid-Jan timeframe broadly favors a colder than normal pattern in the central and eastern U.S....

And its important to note that most of the period this post is speaking about is past the full GFS run at 6Z.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are looking for a storm, I am looking for highs in the 20's with a pipeline for more to come.   If a storm were to wind up, it could pull down cold air but otherwise this looks like a Pacific dominated pattern.   Run the full loop of the GFS run and you will see the true cold air does not break into the US for the entire run except a brief intrusion in the far North West and North Central.  it couple be worse but but there is no signs of  BN normal temps kicking in.  

Lol… Op runs at post 10 days.

Your High temps on the map that you posted are in the low 30s in the metropolitan area of Rouzerville, which is below normal for late December!

We just want “cold enough” if you want good snow most of the time.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Please read what @anotherman posted…

Maybe a few of you will consider not punting because of some random Op run while everything else is pointing to better days ahead next week.

I, nor many others, are not punting Blizz.  We are discussing an Op model run.  Doing anything else with it would be trying to interpret something that the model did not output.  It's equally as valid as talking about teleconnections that are often completely misinterpreted.   The GFS has regressed in its winter look over the last 24-48 hours. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I, nor many others, are not punting Blizz.  We are discussing an Op model run.  Doing anything else with it would be trying to interpret something that the model did not output.  It's equally as valid as talking about teleconnections that are often completely misinterpreted.   The GFS has regressed in its winter look over the last 24-48 hours. 

I didn’t see any regression. In fact as Blizz says late December into January is looking much better can’t go off with these off run models and think the pattern isn’t going to change. This is my opinion only.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I didn’t see any regression. In fact as Blizz says late December into January is looking much better can’t go off with these off run models and think the pattern isn’t going to change. This is my opinion only.

Show me the GFS January maps?  LOL.  No one is saying a pattern cannot change its simply a PBP of a model run.  How much snow did you have on the GFS 24 hours ago?  How much do you have on this Am's run?  Over a foot vs. a couple inches.   High near freezing on Christmas day 24 hours ago....now 65-70.  Probably neither will be right but there is little to no good news on the 6Z GFS.   The 24 hour prior GFS was also an 'Off model run". 

6 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Maybe you stay at home then. The next home game you attend will likely be the one where Embiid breaks his leg and they have to bring out the curtain to euthanize him on the court. 

12/15/2021 - RIP Joel Embiid

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Son's Christmas gift needs: done and done.

Factual statement 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Show me the GFS January maps?  LOL.  No one is saying a pattern cannot change its simply a PBP of a model run.  How much snow did you have on the GFS 24 hours ago?  How much do you have on this Am's run?  Over a foot vs. a couple inches.   High near freezing on Christmas day 24 hours ago....now 65-70.  Probably neither will be right but there is little to no good news on the 6Z GFS.   The 24 hour prior GFS was also an 'Off model run". 

no harm no foul :D

• Like 1