Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I sure wish this would go just 50 to 100 miles further SE..like you are thinking....but of course it has to troll us.

Plenty of time…

The backside could surprise us too. Happened last year. We got walloped and with a track like that the globals wouldn’t see it and the mesos aren’t in range. That may be our show. 

2 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Anyone want to analyze the upper levels and for any noticeable differences? Seems the LP placement has changed a bit from 06Z. Maybe due to northern stream energy digging a bit more creating a slightly more negative tilt?

Here’s the 700 low. Right where we want it. Hasn’t moved. image.thumb.png.226761466aa2046af88d60932e6c2fe9.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Plenty of time…

The backside could surprise us too. Happened last year. We got walloped and with a track like that the globals wouldn’t see it and the mesos aren’t in range. That may be our show. 

You got hit nicely. It totally skipped over this area. After the December event that pounded just to the south. Like I said yesterday, there's just been so many busts synoptically around here. it's hard to get excited...especially after seeing what the Nam and Rgem are showing. I fear the warm air is going to ruin it.

• Like 1

I would think that 700mb low placement on the GFS would be ideal for the SYR area, but it keeps limiting it to the BUF-ROC corridor.  This is terrible for here in ENY but we were out of it early.  I can't think of too many (any?) storms that evolved like this in mid-January, so from a science perspective its interesting.

• Like 3

Just now, Stash said:

I would think that 700mb low placement on the GFS would be ideal for the SYR area, but it keeps hitting at the BUF-ROC corridor.  This is terrible for here in ENY but we were out of it early.  I can't think of too many (any?) storms that evolved like this in mid-January, so from a science perspective its interesting.

It's so stupid...and frustrating. Me too. I'm telling you...in the time I have lived here, there is ALWAYS something that screws up synoptic storms here. Not melting...just disappointed. No track seems to work.

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Until Sunday Night. But, where I'm going to be looks to get more than here. lol  Shall I extend? Might be a win for you guys... :P 

Or a loss for Pennsylvania, lol!  I know you’ll keep an eye on the radar because this storm will be moving north from Pennsylvania Sunday night.