Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Unless you live in Buffalo, this sucker is long gone. People are still stuck in the shadows of 6-day-out modeling for a blockbuster coastal.

I don’t think anyone here in this forum has seriously entertained a classic coastal look for a couple cycles now. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

You wouldn’t know it by stepping outside this morning but….Unless you live in Buffalo, this sucker is long gone. People are still stuck in the shadows of 6-day-out modeling for a blockbuster coastal.

I don't live in Buffalo and should do well here. Not everyone lives in coastal SNE despite how it sometimes seems. LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don't live in Buffalo and should do well here. Not everyone lives in coastal SNE despite how it sometimes seems. LOL

You’re at a relatively high altitude. In New Hampshire. To me it might as well be Buffalo when it comes to this one.

I live 30 miles due north inland as the crow flies in CT. I don’t consider it quite coastal. But in this setup it might as well be. 

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

Seriously? :rolleyes:

We’ll to be fair…2015 didn’t get going until the very last days of January, and it was abysmal up to that point. Futility and nickel  and dimes were the talk and theme then. So it’s still PLENTY early to turn things around. And Nobody’s calling for a record breaker..but things can certainly change quickly being only 1/15 today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think anyone here in this forum has seriously entertained a classic coastal look for a couple cycles now. 

Maybe not. But I think that if the way this has turned out was modeled that way to start with, this thread wouldn’t likely be populated with people from CT or Massachusetts tracking it. Unless maybe it’s such a big storm it warrants heavy discussion from outside of its snow impact zone. It’s just my feeling tho.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We’ll to be fair…2015 didn’t get going until the very last days of January, and it was abysmal up to that point. Futility and nickel  and dimes were the talk and theme then. So it’s still PLENTY early to turn things around. And Nobody’s calling for a record breaker..but things can certainly change quickly being only 1/15 today. 

Lol…..it would takes a lot make us forget December and January……like it’s weird how bad they were…..I’d love to a December and January that were on the other side of that coin…..why is it so hard to get that?  Lame

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Did you come back from MD early?  I would have, ha.

No, we have too much stuff going on in MD next few days to leave. Doing belated Christmas stuff with the family we missed in December. This is just like the mid-January storm I missed last year. Nice thing about Randolph is when I get back every flake will be in place just how the storm left it. No biggie. I really hope it crushes up there, Wildcat et al really need it badly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Lol…..it would takes a lot make us forget December and January……like it’s weird how bad they were…..I’d love to a December and January that were on the other side of that coin…..why is it so hard to get that?  Lame

You want to know what’s lame…you’re dumb ass posts!  It’s only half way through January you silly fool. And Maybe it rats, that’s certainly a possibility.  But that’s not a given at all. We have a great pattern setting up. If that weren’t the case, then I’d be a lil more worried. But the point that you’re missing, is that it’s January 15, with a very very nice pattern incoming. Let’s see how it shakes out?  And if it bombs…we’ll give you credit for the early call pal. Now Go have another shot. 

Go to the panic thread, and vent all you want. 

• Thanks 1