Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 7th First Snow for some N&W folks Discussion

ChescoWx

2 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

btw concord township is in garnet valley no? you might not be that far from me hmm.... probably you and me suffer the same fate in regards to snowstorms whatever it may be.

Sounds like. I know what you mean but I try to be an optimist, lol. The sleet/rain line moving north in certain storms is painful. This one shouldn't have that issue though.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Light snow arriving between 9PM and midnight Thursday. Continues overnight, maybe a heavier burst especially S and E of the Delaware River. 1-3" generally across SE PA. Maybe a stripe of 2-5" near the Delaware River across into S NJ.

Sounds reasonable. Just about all TV outlets going w/ 2-4" for the general area but this thing is moving fast and unless you get under a burst I see just light to mod snow at times. Probably out of here by 6-7am if not earlier...

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

Mt holly seems bullish, wonder if Philly and some areas in NJ see winter storm warnings later based on this map as I believe criteria is 4”.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

They pointed at some confidence that there will be mesoscale banding in CNJ or coastal region that gets a solid 6 inches. Worry that if that happens it causes Philly Metro/west of I95 to only get 1-2, similar to last storm. Hope that band doesn't materialize and we just get a region wide ~4

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

GFS, while not as robust as 6z, still honking for 3-5" for most in SE PA into NJ. I like my call from earlier still, 2-4" region wide with lolli's of 6" wherever the best banding sets up. Won't be surprised if someone gets stuck in the screw zone though between the decaying shortwave and where the coastal takes over and only gets an inch. Think that should be a fairly narrow area though(knowing my luck that will run right along the delaware river though :lol: ) Looks like it will basically be a 6 hour storm for most with a hour or two of heavy snow between 09z-12z.

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

GFS, while not as robust as 6z, still honking for 3-5" for most in SE PA into NJ. I like my call from earlier still, 2-4" region wide with lolli's of 6" wherever the best banding sets up. Won't be surprised if someone gets stuck in the screw zone though between the decaying shortwave and where the coastal takes over and only gets an inch. Think that should be a fairly narrow area though(knowing my luck that will run right along the delaware river though :lol: ) Looks like it will basically be a 6 hour storm for most with a hour or two of heavy snow between 09z-12z.

Whats the predicted start time for this one?

DT draws his lines directly over my head on most maps and I am always left guessing

GFS is the only guidance that doesn't give SEPA the subsidence finger, a true friend in hard times

Expectations set locally to 2" snow there is too much guidance showing a screw zone

• Weenie 1