• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

There's a section of I 684 by exit 6 southbound that's taking out 30+ cars a day since last Thursday so the HELP truck just sits there. It's amazing how many cars have to be towed because real spare tires are a rare breed on newer cars. A can of fix-a-flat or run flats is what they get but that's useless when the wheel is cracked. Low profile tires on big wheels for the win :huh: 

Julian, I've been getting very light flurries for quite a while now, I'm surprised you're not.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It was quite slick here this morning, and still is, but rapidly approaching 40F now so shouldn't be an issue much longer. I'm not surprised there were school delays.

It’s slick here all day, ice in the morning, water on ice midday, then mud until it starts freezing up again in the evening. Lovely stuff…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

It’s slick here all day, ice in the morning, water on ice midday, then mud until it starts freezing up again in the evening. Lovely stuff…

Yeah, that's true. I was wearing my microspikes like a total dork while working out in the yard yesterday afternoon. Still, it was necessary to keep from careening down the hill. The sun did little to soften the patches of smooth ice in the lawn.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, hudsonvalley21 said:

Mud just on the surface. Frozen underneath. Snow cover it, or shut down winter and let’s move on. 

Violently agree. High of 56 here today.  Definitely made some progress on the driveway getting the water to move off it, staying above freezing tonight will help with that too. I’d say half the yard now is bare. 

• Like 1

by CPcantmeasuresnow

The snowpack survived this week but there are a few bare spots now in the usual areas but still 75% coverage. Amazing how 4-5 inches of solid ice and snow held up to the onslaught of sun and 50 for four days. A fresh unbattle tested 5 inches of powder would not have lasted a day. 

So the streak lives on but on life support. 37 straight days and counting.

2-2.5 on the driveway and patio, 3 on the cars and up to 4" on shaded and exposed hard surfaces. That's double to 4 times what I expected so a big win here

It's way more fluffy than it has a right to be considering the temps but the flakes are beautifully formed so I guess it's perfect growth conditions up there. What a pleasant surprise. Looks to be fading now though, the cloud deck is thinning and it's getting brighter with fat flakes still falling. 

• Like 1