Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

58/47 here so far. This isn't a few hours of mild breezes ahead of the cold front. It's a legit torch. 

There’s still something about that word that just irritates the hell out of me. It must be that the a hole that so over uses it has made it like hearing nails on a chalkboard, at least for me. 

• Haha 2

I hope the wind stays up for a while after this rain and melt is over otherwise the mud is gonna be unbearable for a while.

This warm shot broke winters back in a different way that a lot of people won't realize, the ground thawed at least a few inches down. It was nicely frozen and the melted surface even refroze with the weekend cold shot, that won't be the case this time. From here on out any frozen precip that happens will melt out from the bottom as well as the top. Blah...

6 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I hope the wind stays up for a while after this rain and melt is over otherwise the mud is gonna be unbearable for a while.

This warm shot broke winters back in a different way that a lot of people won't realize, the ground thawed at least a few inches down. It was nicely frozen and the melted surface even refroze with the weekend cold shot, that won't be the case this time. From here on out any frozen precip that happens will melt out from the bottom as well as the top. Blah...

The Wallkill mesonet still has the 2” soil temp at 32.4 

Not our subforum obv but since i spend a lot of time up there and others have as well…Ausable Forks and Jay and some other small towns up near the Lake Placid area are being devastated by river flooding created by ice jams right now. Videos from Ausable Forks are pretty heartbreaking. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I was wondering what was happening up there. Post some links to where the pics are. I saw that it was snowing pretty hard this morning at Titus Mt ski area in Malone so I assumed it was locking back up already. It's not? 

Most of the damage was done earlier this morning it sounded like, ice jams were actually released overnight but then got stuck again in ausable forks and one near jay too. Trying to find news bids because the facebook vids wont post here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Most of the damage was done earlier this morning it sounded like, ice jams were actually released overnight but then got stuck again in ausable forks and one near jay too. Trying to find news bids because the facebook vids wont post here.

Here’s a couple gauges that show the jam earlier

70C0152A-C79A-494D-A5FA-923AA1E5889D.jpeg

57BBD5AA-4074-4C4E-8306-ECD840BBFC47.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Entering my second consecutive day without snow cover it's 30° and snowing moderately. Hoping that second line lives up to expectations but this is not to shabby.

Edit: Snow now heavy at least 1/4 inch so far.

Same here, looking at the current radar, the squall out by KBGM has another developing area of precipitation just in front of it

• Like 2