• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

It looks like the airmass could be an issue with the high leaving. However, I liked seeing the Canadian blow up the 2nd wave rather than the 3rd one, that’s a step in the right direction. Previous runs blew it later and had basically a replica of the inland runner we just had. However, based on the H5 it looked close to something much bigger. Although the airmass is a limiting factor, due to how much northern stream energy is diving in, the low undergoes rapid cyclogenesis and comes up the coast. The trough is too progressive on this run of the Canadian, yet it still gets a high 980s low over the cape. If the trough goes negative just a little earlier, and we get it to close off a bit earlier, the low would undergo extreme cyclogenesis and slow down, potentially deepening to the 970s or even stronger, and stalling near the cape. If the low deepens that much that quickly, although we would likely start as rain I do think the idea that we would be in the high 30s lower 40s well inland with a strong low over the cape to be bullshit. As the low deepens and the precip gets thrown into eastern mass, as precip gets heavier it would dynamically cool the column and create its own cold air. This would result in blizzard conditions with the rain snow line crashing all the way down to the canal, just NW of the low.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS NARCAN would send me to loony bin, too...like a sprig storm with heavy amounts only under best lift....where else? CT and RI up to ORH.

Really not a fan of these thermals....hope that changes.

Lol Narcan needs some Purple Sensi. It's out lunch. Takes 33degree blinding heavy snow and had it as rain mix. Toss that shit

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I agree. I was just about to post that I think it's too warm with that set up....high isn't perfect, but nothing like that last deal. I think its both... NARCAN is too stingy in low levels, and globals too warm

My bed covers are tented. Just for posterity 

Screenshot_20220122-002046_Chrome.jpg

This is from Psuoffman from the Mid Atlantic board, he has lots of credible and informative posts. 

“Models are speeding up the NS wave. Problem with that is the timing is now off and most of the STJ wave that was responsible for the better hybrid looks gets left behind.   That makes it more a miller b scenario and we all know how a Nina miller b is likely to end for us. Still time to shift back towards what we want. Several options.  1) get the 1st NS SW to slow down. 2) get it to dig further west 3) get it to speed up and clear out because there is another behind it that could link up with the stj a day or two later.  Right now the timing looks off. We just need it to adjust faster or slower”.

I love this development, it’s doing exactly what I was hoping for, turning into a Miller B. 

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

This is from Psuoffman from the Mid Atlantic board, he has lots of credible and informative posts. 

“Models are speeding up the NS wave. Problem with that is the timing is now off and most of the STJ wave that was responsible for the better hybrid looks gets left behind.   That makes it more a miller b scenario and we all know how a Nina miller b is likely to end for us. Still time to shift back towards what we want. Several options.  1) get the 1st NS SW to slow down. 2) get it to dig further west 3) get it to speed up and clear out because there is another behind it that could link up with the stj a day or two later.  Right now the timing looks off. We just need it to adjust faster or slower”.

I love this development, it’s doing exactly what I was hoping for, turning into a Miller B. 

Congrats George.