• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2021/2022 January Thread

AMZ8990

Here is just about snowfall from the entire storm. We get so caught up in these winter storms and it's easy to get fooled with how terrible the models have been doing but imagine it's winter in Jan 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020 and someone showed us the Euro's exact 12z weather map. I think we'd go nuts over it. Models have gotten worse and maybe when the threat of winter storms move in we are so caught up in the models we forget how we long for snow around thanksgiving every year lol.

image.png.3adb5bedc586f8a66c881dc16d7b2bbd.png

5 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

I am not sure I remember a year when Nashville recorded two 7+" snows.  If it happened, was probably back in the 1800s.  Chattanooga snow hole checks out, as do the downslope areas coming up the valley.  Now if it were only 24 hours away.

Do you know what the official measurement from BNA was for the last storm?

18 minutes ago, Vol4Life said:

Do you know what the official measurement from BNA was for the last storm?

I should change my post, appears they officially recorded 6.3" of snow.  I don't remember the last time there were 2 six inch snows in one winter either.  Can't find an official measurement for January 3rd, but they received between 1 and 2.9" across the city that day.  Quite the winter run for our friends in the mid state!

Read discussions from NC, Virginia and West Virginia offices. Even that far north they are worried about warm nose / boundary later west of the Apps and east of the Blue Ridge. High press off the Coast, rather than Great Lakes. Even the snowy Euro has surface temps well above freezing.

Honestly I'm already telling friends and family Chattanooga all rain 100% confidence. This is one of those systems that could sharply disappoint even Middle Tennessee west of the Plateau. West Tenn could pull off a miracle while it's still positive tilt clipper characteristics. Once it goes negative tilt the warm nose becomes a threat. Also east winds downslope off the Plateau Mid-Tenn. Great Valley pain east. 

All this said, I-40 north could get sticking snow. Kentucky should get several inches of snow. Upper Plateau looks good. TRI could be fine back side. The more I look for work (not just being cynical) the more I think this is setting up for major disappointment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic