• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

13 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Pretty much done here. Just went outside and it looked better out the window than it actually is. Maybe a slushy half inch on paved surfaces and an inch of slushy snow on the grass. Not even enough to get the Deere out to plow. Yawn.

Screenshot_20211228-213345_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e996c4dbfed92b71a610bf6fd6813078.jpg

Bing nws reporting 2” so far. What elevation are they at? They really benefit in these marginal temp winters. It’s the only real way to beat the les areas. Buffalos recording station is the worst positioned out of the golden snowball cities. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Bing nws reporting 2” so far. What elevation are they at? They really benefit in these marginal temp winters. It’s the only real way to beat the les areas. Buffalos recording station is the worst positioned out of the golden snowball cities. 

I'm 5 miles due west at 930ft and they are about 1630ft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Via webcams, big fluffy flakes falling in the Syracuse area and covering the ground.

Just rain where I am at in PA... in that white county to the SW of Scranton that has no outlooks of any sort. Notice how the colors wrap around? LOL

Map of Forecast Area

We are near 1" of wet snow though not expecting a lot more.  It actually has covered the roads, at least my road, main roads probably fine. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

We are near 1" of wet snow though not expecting a lot more.  It actually has covered the roads, at least my road, main roads probably fine. 

Nice. That's a win for this winter. It looks like it's been snowing pretty good there for the past hour or two. Go out and shovel some piles that might be able to survive into tomorrow evening.

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Luzerne county. Where wilkes barre is 

Danville, Montour County. It's pouring here. (P.S. I see they just got rid of the light beige color that existed in Luzerne, Columbia, etc...)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nice. That's a win for this winter. It looks like it's been snowing pretty good there for the past hour or two. Go out and shovel some piles that might be able to survive into tomorrow evening.

Danville, Montour County. It's pouring here.

Oooo I thought you were talking about the county just sw of Scranton, thats luzerne county where all the purples wrap around 

Just now, tombo82685 said:

Oooo I thought you were talking about the county just sw of Scranton, thats luzerne county where all the purples wrap around 

Ha. Yeah, I just edited... there was beige colors for special weather statements that surrounded Montour county an hour or so ago.

My dad grew up in Hazleton in Luzerne county...spent lots of family visits there. Those higher elevations are a microclimate of their own!

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

That heavy rain continues to train over my location (Danville, PA) with a temperature of 38 degrees. It's pounding on the roof. SMH. In the meanwhile, I see that the snow continues to rebuild and train over northern Onondaga county. lol

Looks pretty via webcams!!! Hahaha

Radar in WNY looks promising. SN- has been ongoing despite unimpressive radar returns.

• Thanks 1